Netflix Instant Streaming Buffering Every 5 Minutes

mcgato,

18.59 mbps from what it was earlier today.

But I don’t understand why I can watch movies on the computer with no problems?

Thanks

Q

If, at the same time, you can watch a movie on the computer at the same time with no buffering, and the xbox has buffering, that would indicate congestion on the netflix side - the Xbox server is not the same as the Wii server is not the same as the computer server - they may or may not be physically located in the same area/datacenter but they are not the same box. So it is possible to have one have issues while the other does not.
Note too that the Xbox gets higher quality streams than a wii (if available), needing more bandwidth.
If you want to try watching netflix on your TV from your computer, you can download Playon: PlayOn: Brimming with Features to Make Streaming Better and try it out and see if it helps - playon once installed on your computer is visible and controllable from your xbox 360 (see PlayOn: Frequently Asked Questions, on the right side there are demo videos).

Do you need XBOX Live for that, jacobsta811?

Thanks

Q

Nope, the xbox sees Playon as something like a Windows Media PC on your local network, no xbox live gold required. Edit to add, playon itself isn’t free after the trial, but it basically lets you do what Hulu+ does as well as streaming netflix, etc, so it can be cheaper than the alternatives if you want what it is offering. ($79.99/lifetime + you get a free roku right now, or there are monthly or yearly options).

But I’d still pay Netflix their $8.00 a month to stream, even though I’d stream with no buffers. I checked their channel lineup, jacob, and they have pretty much everything that’s on my Charter package, except for the netflix and the Fox Soccer Channel. Something to think about and I appreciate the information.

Quasi