New Spoiler Tag

No, Luke, I am Rosebud

Hmm - I am stuck in a hotel using my CrackBerry and the spoilers in this thread are all passively visible - so I see the box and Show button but can read the spoiler within…

Just an FYI…

Are you pondering what I’m pondering?

.uuu
    z@#"%c                      .uuzm**"""""*%mu..             z*"` .e@#N
   @!!!R.  #c              .z*"                    ^*c       z    dT!!!!!>
  '!!!!!!N   "i         u*"                            #s  :"   @?!!!!!!!R
  t!!!!!!!#u   "i    .@                                  ^$   :R!!!!!!!!!X
  '!!!!!!!!!#c   "i:#                                      ?> R!!!!!!!!!!X
  '!!!!!!!!!!!N   @                                         4W!!!!!!!!!!!>
  '!!!!!!!!!!!!Ru"                                           ?!!!!!!!!!!X
  'X!!!!!!!!!!!9~                                      .  .  'X!!!!!!!!!6
   R!!!!!!!!!!tF                                     z$#`   h &!!UR!!!!!F
   ?!!!!!$X!!!$                                    .@       X $WTR!!!!!X
    M!!!!!i#U!E  .                                @F        ! FdR!!!!!!f
    'X!!!!!#c'?u@#"*$N.                         :$          F'9!!!!!!!@
     9!!!!!!!?NM      ^*c                      dF          ' @!!!!!!!X>
      R!!!!!!!!&         "e                   d            K<!!!!!!!XF
      'X!!!!!!!M>          ^N                f            < E!!!!!!X"
        t!!!!!!!#            ^N            :"      .e$"^  Fn!!!!!XP
         #X!!!!!!ML             *c       z"    .e$$$$$   M'!!!!W*
           "*UX!!X@t  ^%u.         ""**#).zd$$#$$$$$$$  <\*@**"
                    'N    4$$$$$@$$$)$$#$$k4$$$$$$$$$E :$
                       ?>  "$$$$$$":$$$W$$$ "$$$$$$$$   %
                      :"           ? ^#*"  S  "$$$$$     ?
                      F            L      d$L            X
                      &           t$i    @$$$           f
                       *          $$$$$$$$$$\&        @
                        '*.      W'$$$$$$$$FM h    u#
                           ^*muz* % $$$$$$":    `"
                                   # ^**" d
                                     "***"

Neato!

Yeah, if the browser doesn’t handle javascript well (or at all), then the spoilers will either not work or only partially work. That said, phone browsers are a motley crew, code-wise, and there’s no guarantee that they’ll implement javascript correctly–if they even decide to use it. If a phone browser is not showing the spoiler tag properly, then the best option is to download and use a browser that will. Otherwise, while browsing from your phone, you might do your best to avoid threads with spoilers.

Well, this development certainly gives meek’s latest epic a different je ne sais quoi…

us iPhone browsers salute you! (used to be I couldn’t surf Cafe Society away from my desk)

Darth Vader is Cartman’s mother!

I know. When the mods were going over the pros and cons of taking away the old spoiler tag, meek’s musical threads were the first fallen soldiers I thought of. Works of art, but a necessary sacrifice. (Because, again, we like shiny stuff.)

“Like shiny stuff”? “Like shiny stuff”??? You people have the attention span of gnats! There’s a name for people like you:

[spoiler]Ooooh, what’s this over here?

:: wanders off ::[/spoiler]

This really sucks. Now I can’t see spoilers at all. I am on a Citrix platform, and I can’t do anything interactive - I can’t subscribe to threads, or anything. So when I click the show spoilers button, it does precisely dick.

Does anyone know a workaround?

If you can’t get the thread menus to work properly, Anaamika, it sounds like your system admins have disabled javascript on your Citrix session. You can ask them to remedy that, but I know that’s a longshot.

To get around the spoilers, though, you can click on the Quote button under the spoilered post. That’ll show you the tag code and the spoilers inside the tags. It’s not perfect, and it’ll get annoying if you want to read a thread with multiple spoilers in multiple threads, but you will be able to see the hidden text.

Ha! Then I have to explain to them why. Not gonna happen. :slight_smile: But yes, that sounds like what they’ve done.

At least there is a workaround! Thanks, I appreciate it.

Absolutely, check it out here:

sucka

This is broken.

how? It’s working for me.

At home and at work

If you do discover that the tag isn’t working for you, please let us know a few details:

[ul][li]What browser and version you’re using.[]The OS and version you’re using.[]Whether this is a home or work computer.What you can or cannot see. (E.g., “I can see the button, but clicking it doesn’t do anything.”)[/li][/ul]

What you need to do is find a work critical site that uses Java script. If you’ll give a general idea of your work area in an MPSIMS thread, I bet the Teeming Millions won’t fail you.

But they will probably post their suggestions inside spoiler tags.

You made me laugh. Thanks, I needed that.

Good idea, Zakalwe - I work for a not for profit. Office Manager. Any suggestions?