Next Time, Don't Share

I just watched it - it made me cry, as usual (stupid show). Hey, you’re unemployed - maybe you should take a roadtrip to Montréal!

I’ve met you in person, and know that to be a blatant lie. I think you were fired cuz the light reflecting off that shaven scalp of yours was distracting your co-workers. Which is really cold. They’ve got a lot of money; they coulda sprung for a hat.

Anyway, what did you expect to happen, considering you’ve confessed to using handgrenades at little league games. Let’s just play the game the way it was supposed to be played: with small arms fire only.

Seriously, though. Getting fired sucks. Look at it this way: things could be worse. You could still work there.

I’d give you a virtual hug, but I think you’ve already suffered enough. Hope you find a new job soon, but not too soon.

No, no. No need to apologize. I wasn’t offended. :slight_smile:

I just feel that there are times where, you know, sometimes the person doesn’t want to take personal responsibility for something that they could have easily prevented themselves. Most times, I won’t feel sorry for them if it’s something they shouldn’t have been doing anyway. That’s why I wanted to know.

Examples:

Person A’s child dies due to incurable illness. They are sad. Sympathy for A? Of course!

Person A’s child dies due to A driving drunk and they get into an accident. Sympathy for A? Yes! Still tragic, and in my mind,
I may think “Stupid A!” but I would never say it, for I’m sure A already knows this.

Person A’s child dies due to A’s constant neglect and daily beatings. Sympathy for A? Screw that.

Person B gets fired from job because she is pregnant (true story) or due to company not doing well.
Sympathy? Yep.

Person B gets fired from job because they just can’t quite “get it,” and has low productivity. Sympathy? Yep, plus a little “well, maybe you’ll find your calling one day, everyone has something they’re good at, blah blah blah.” IOW, their fault in a way, but it isn’t something they can really help.

Person B gets fired from job because they are late every freakin’ day. Everyone else has to cover for them during the time they are late. Sympathy? Pffft, I don’t think so.

Person B gets fired from job because he got caught doing the horizontal bop with boss’ SO. Sympathy? AHAHAHAHA!

Remember this is just what my reactions may possibly be. YMMV.

Snooopy, if that is seriously what got you fired, then I think you ought to be glad you don’t work there. However,
it seems trivial enough where you might question if that is the real reason they are giving you (unless you had been warned 385637 times not to take other peoples’ tuna sandwiches).

tevya: Sorry 'bout that!

Please forgive me for my wild imagination and hyperbole. :smiley:

Here you go. Submit your bad ways to get fired, or bad ways you’ve been fired. Fire away.

Where does “deserve” come into it? I’ve been fired both deservedly and unfairly, and either way, it still fucking hurt. For better or worse, most folks invest a lot of themselves in their jobs. It’s where most of us spend most of our waking, (though in my case, some sleeping), hours. Tomorrow may look completely different, but today looks ugly. I’d be quite surprised if anyone here hasn’t been in a similar position. I’m really surprised to see this pitted.

Fucking hell. The guy loses a job, he’s upset.

He posts a thread - some reaction is a bit negative - either way, he’s more upset.

He asks for the thread to be closed.

What he does not deserve - or want - is a load of fucking over-reactive assholes flaming him in the Pit about it.

For fuck’s sake - HE LOST HIS JOB!!!

I’m sure I’d be far worse than “pissy and whiny” if I’d lost my job. And frankly - the OP is the biggest piece of pissy whiny SHIT I’ve seen so far on both these threads, and they haven’t even lost their job.

Snooooopy - all support to you.

God - cut the poor guy some slack and give him some support.

For those inquisitive minds that want to know, maybe this can shed some light.

I am also suprised that someone felt this was Pit worthy.

Lolababy, next time you want to Pit somebody, Don’t share.

Hey, thanks for posting the link…that was all I really wanted. It would have shed a lot of light into the situation. The rest of us who went in and who wanted to lend some sympathy, we were not privvy to this information. I would have gladly given sympathy and advice and/or whatever.

Anyway Snoooopy, good luck again and I left you a note.

Allow me to recognize LaurAnge for being a goddess.

You rule!

Does it matter?

Around here, unless you specifically state that you’re not looking for feed-back, you will get some, rhetorical question or not. Even if you don’t want feed back, you’ll probably get some. If it’s too sensative, don’t post. Or at least state the kind of feed-back you are looking for.

JFTR: I got it the first time.

I still would’ve posted my horror story, if I had one.

{{{{Snooooopy}}}}

Chin up, better days are coming.

Honey

Wow, I’m incredibly flattered! Thanks, and since I didn’t get to say it in the other thread: good luck finding your next job!

This was my visceral reaction upon opening this thread last night:

It still holds true. :slight_smile: However, I’d like to say that this thread was perhaps ill-advised. No offense intended, LolaBaby. I realize that the rhetorical nature of his question might not have been apparent to everyone who posted in Snooooopy’s thread, but they were being a tad insensitive, IMHO. They may not have realized it at the time, since the thread title was a question that might have an answer. I’m not flaming the people who posted in that thread, but it seemed a bit insensitive to his feelings.

If I’d had a chance to post to that thread, I would have given him sympathy, since IMHO, that seemed like what he was looking for.

Snooooopy, I’m sorry you got fired, and I hope that you’ll feel better soon. Hang in there, okay?

F_X

snooooopy and lolababy have since come to an understanding and are mutually satisfied that the issue is now over.

I’m glad you’re authorizing us to let the thread die, jackass.

I think you should string Snoooopy up by his nuts and set him on fire, that fucker!!!