Once and for all:

“Badges? We ain’t got no badges. We don’t need no badges.
I don’t have to show you any stinking badges!”

is not from Butch Cassidy, Blazing Saddles or any other movie that isn’t “The Treasure of the Sierra Madre”.

Huh. I always thought it was “badgers”. That explains quite a bit.

:smiley:

Here’s one of the biggest myths that has grown to tremendous proportions in recent years: that you can go outside the movie for information on it.

Only the movie counts. Not what’s on the website, not what they say in the DVD commentary, not in magazine articles, or memoirs, or the original novel. All that will be lost or forgotten or ignored when the movie airs on the Turner Classics of the future. Only those 24 frames per second mean anything.

IOW, I saw A.I. They were aliens. The end.

Fatty Arbuckle was innocent and railroaded by an ambitious prosecutor.

The couple in Grant Wood’s American Gothic are not supposed to be husband and wife.

And along those lines, probably none of those wonderful couples you fantasized about on television were doing it in real life. Not Rob and Laura Petrie, not Agents 86 and 99, not Mork and Mindy, not Steed and Mrs. Peel, not Gilligan and Mary Jane, not Starsky and Hutch. What? :slight_smile:

I’m sorry I have to do this …

Mary Ann.

Well, I have it on very good authority that Joe Friday and Bill Gannon were doing it in real life.

This is a real life incident, isn’t it? I don’t get what you’re saying. That we should only look to the evidentiary record in the trial and that all other sources of information are irrelevant?

I didn’t know there was a controversy. Having seen only the painting and not read anything about it, I always assumed they were husband and wife.

Mork and Mindy got married and had a son. They weren’t doing it? “In real life”? Mork and Mindy were fictional characters, so they weren’t doing anything “in real life.”

I believe it’s a reference to Con-Air. Nicholas Cage is taking a bunny to his daughter and on the plane the hijackers are playing with it. He tells them to “Put. The Bunny. Back. In. The. Box”.
I’m not sure of the relevance here though, if that’s the right film.

In The Beatles’ record “The Ballad Of John And Yoko”, despite what is in the officially published lyrics and the promo video they made for the song, the the word following the lyrics:

Last night the wife said, “Oh boy, when you’re dead, you don’t take nothin’ with you but your soul”

is NOT “think!”.

It is ''sic!"

Once and for all, it’s a myth that you can ever ever ever post without previewing. :smack:

I gotta watch this again to be 100% certain, but I think there were some clues in the movie that more or less demonstrated that they were robots:

[spoilers]Didn’t one of the robots recognize that Haley Joel Osment’s character was an ancient version of what they themselves were?[/spoilers]

Crap … well, that worked :rolleyes:

• Jean Harlow did not die because her mother was a Christian Scientist who didn’t let her get medical attention.

• Most of the stories in Mommie Dearest are pure invention.

The Jazz Singer was not “the first talkie.”

• Jayne Mansfield was not decapitated in her fatal car accident.

• Rudolph Valentino was probably not gay (this is very well treated in the recent bio, Dark Lover).

And sometimes it is. :slight_smile:

Actually…

John Byrne is not a comic book writer. At least, not since 1993, when he was killed and replaced by an ill-tempered, slightly retarded robot.

:wink:

In my rendition, it’s “Put. The Bunny. Back. In the box,” but whatever.

Despite what others say, I don’t think Mark Hamill yells “Carrie” near the end of Star Wars. I’ve watched and listened to it closely, and it sounds more like he’s just yelling a generic “Hey!” right before he hugs Carrie Fischer.

I could swear that the line is: “Put. the. candle. back!” From *Young Frankenstien * right?

What?

Right movie. It’s probably mentioned because people misquote it. Other than that, I’m drawing a blank.

George Reeves did not die by putting on his Superman costume and attempting to fly.

I don’t believe it. A robot would do a much better job with Doom Patrol.