Puttin' On The Ritz: Moscow Style

Shouldn’t it be “Putin on the Ritz”? :smiley:

Are these kids the elite? They all look smartly dressed…and there’s plenty of Volvos and Mercedes-Benz cars around. Moscow looks pretty prosperous these days!

Interesting choice of music since Irving Berlin was born in Belarus, less than 600 km away… a mere stones throw in Russian distances.

Pretty average teenagers, actually. Probably all university students, too.

Yeah, Moscow has changed dramatically in the last 20 years. The streets are clogged with foreign cars, and most people park on sidewalks. Jeeps, Volvos, Mercedes, Land Rovers, Toyotas … they’re everywhere!

The sentimental part of me wants to believe that these are all friends of the bride who worked up this routine in secret as a wedding surprise. That thought made me smile all through the performance.

Too much to hope for, I suppose.
Roddy

In Soviet Russia, Ritz puts on you.

Except the bride & groom are dancing in step with others at the end. Makes me think they were in on the rehearsal just a bit.

There’s an article here that speculates this was a political stunt for the Presidential election in March.

I have no idea what it is, but it’s clearly a professional production, and Musicat makes a good point about the bride and groom knowing the choreography. There’s only a few seconds of footage of the bride, but from the way she moves her hands I’d suggest she’s a trained dancer.