Questions too stupid for GQ.

Is Mr. Peanut rich?

rich in 30 essential nutrients and extra chunkiness!

Why do shooting stars “fall?” (Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket…) Where IS down in space?

At least in the US, the green traffic lights are actually a sort of bluish green. For those with one form of red/green colorblindness (there are four) the “go” light can appear blue, allowing such people to easily recognize them.

For the rest, they can distinguish between the three lights sufficiently to use them as signaling devices, even if they’re seeing something more like red/yellow/white or white/yellow/green (depending on the exact type of color issues) than the triad seen by those with normal color vision.

As for why use those lights - the system was devised by color-normal people who just didn’t consider the problem.

So you don’t stick your 120 blow dryer into the 240 outlet when you take it across the pond.

As for countries that use the same voltage…well, should we use their outlets or should they use ours?

Shooting stars are falling to Earth. Most don’t make it all the way down, though.

Midnight Star can Wet My Whistle!

Oh! I see! Only the rich deserve to look like the Planters Peanuts mascot, huh!

We speak of “the Indian subcontinent”. It would make sense to speak of Europe the same way. For all I know, maybe some people already do.

And they could tell the difference by whether it is at the top, middle, or bottom of the structure.

Shooting stars fall for the same reason everything else falls: they’re caught in Earth’s gravitational field and are drawn towards the center of its mass. Absent a respectable gravity field, the word “down” has no meaning, so there is no “down” in space.

It was mentioned in my geography classes, “Europe is a large peninsula of Asia” “so we’re a peninsula of a peninsula?” “hey, since the Iberian Peninsula has peninsulas, that makes them peninsulas of a peninsula of” “class! Geography now, linguistic analysis later!” noise of teenagers suddenly looking shiningly attentive

We spoke of “parts of the world” rather than “continents” in order to solve such conundrums as whether Anctartica counted and what do you do with that half of the globe that’s water with a dotting of islands and oh hi, NZ and Australia!

Fish IS meat. I buy products labeled ‘shrimp meat’ and ‘crab meat’ all the time.

Well, yes, except for the lights that someone decided to mount sideways, and at night you’ll see the light before you see its position. Being able to distinguish the separate colors is useful at times.

Shooting stars neither shoot nor are they stars. Discuss.

They appear to shoot across the sky and appear as glowing dots, just like stars.

I was always under the impression that people look towards where a sound is coming from in order to hear it better. For example, whenever I find myself eavesdropping on a conversation amongst strangers I also end up staring in their direction. Or maybe that’s because seeing lips move allows for better listening comprehension?

I think for the thunder thing, it is more of a startle. (same for a door knock) If a noise suddenly occurs that one doesn’t expect, I would be more inclined to surprise if a person DIDN’T look in that direction.

Stupid Question: I love to drive with my window down and my hand outside playing in the air. What is the absolute fastest speed I could drive by someone else with the same habit and we give each other a high-five without injury?

From the plate tectonics point of view, Europe is a separate land mass. The Urals (which are very old mountains) mark where it abuts the Asian land mass.

As an aside, IIRC, the Appalachians (also very old) mark where North America once abutted the European plate in an earlier period of drift.

All of the ones I’ve seen also had some sort of tail. They “fall down” to Earth.