Recommend an open-world adventure sort of game

Huh. I didn’t follow the storyline that closely–the whole thing just felt like US military adventurism fantasy, which is gross. I don’t think it’s ever made explicit that “The Agency” is a US agency, but it sure came across that way to me.

Yeah, upon looking back at my Steam library it’s depressing how many games mentioned here I’ve forgotten that I owned.

I own DRD2 and never played it. On the other hand, I sunk a good couple hundred hours into Red Dead Online, making my own character and exploring the world at my own pace, doing minor quests and mostly getting lost in a world of frontier horseback riding, hunting and fashion. I don’t know if I’ll ever get around to playing the actual RDR2 game but loved roaming about in the beautiful game world.

Days Gone is a great zombie-killing game set in Oregon. Really beautiful map to explore and the zombie hordes are impressive.

Very heavily implied to be the CIA but only one character in the series is specifically American.

A bit outside the box here but what about Subnautica?

I’ve never played any of the FF games-are any of them good?

Depends how you define “good.” Overall, hit or miss. They are all very much JRPGs if that makes sense.

Combat is turn-based or partially turn-based (“ATB”). The ATB system looks and feels like turn-based on its face, but every character has a time bar that determines when they can act and increases or decreases in speed based on their stats. Some of the games you can turn it off and just use traditional turn-based combat.

The good news is they’re more or less all unconnected so you can really start anywhere you want in the series. VII was most people’s introduction to the series, and it’s as good a place to start as any. Whether you should play the original vs. the remake is debatable, but from what I’ve heard you’re only missing a few callback Easter Eggs if you start with the remake.

If you liked Skyrim, the game before it is arguably better, oblivion. It’s a bit jankier, but in a hilarious way, usually. Since it’s older, you won’t need any new hardware.

Of course, check out the fallouts too (3 and 4 and New Vegas. Maybe 76, but you might not realize how much it sucks unless you’ve already played 3/4) if you want oblivion/Skyrim after the nuclear apocalypse.

I agree with snfaulkner, My favorite open world games are all by Bethesda

If you enjoyed Skyrim try the prequels Morrowind and Oblivion (I fould oblivion and skyrim equally good, Morrowind slightly less so but stil worth playing)
They also created a series of post nuclear appocolypse games I would recommend Fallout 3, 4 and New Vegas (Actually by Obsidion)