Stop saying "meth!" It is stupid!

With all due respect, I have to wonder if you’d be accusing me of drug-fueled “frothing” if I had written an OP in boldface caps about, say, income taxes or early-morning garbage trucks or rude telephone salespeople.

You do perhaps have a point about why exactly it bugs me so much. I think it may be because people involved with drugs are just about the only subgroup of people about whom it is still okay to make misguided presumptions, and whom it is okay to demonize and/or trivialize, and to outright disparage without the least compunction.

Whilst I do not participate in the BigT smashdowns, I do believe you may be correct in your estimation of this thread Loach.

Now I was going to go to pains explaining to the OP the qualitative difference between the speed of old and the new-fangled meth, but I think I might just pull up a lounge chair and an esky instead.

I’ll be here sucking on a stubbie…:smiley:

The nice thing about weed is that you can call it whatever the fuck you want and nobody gives you any shit.

ETA: or so I’ve been told.

So, you really think that the various police forces are all that unprepared? I’d be surprised if they were. A more likely explanation, IMHO, for someone asking for meth as opposed to whatever the latess drug lord lingo is for something is that person isn’t privy to the latest drug lord lingo newletter and/or is just startig out on a life of illicit drug use.

I heard there’s a new drug on the street called “meh”. The buzz is like totally average.

So you’re saying if I want to stop getting weird looks I should stop asking for N-methyl-1-phenylpropan-2-amine? I thought these drug dealers were pros.

My familiarity with this sort of thing goes back a few decades, but no one I knew ever called it dope. It was always “crank” and less commonly speed. Sometimes it would be called “crystal” as in short for crystal meth since if you ever buy straight from the source, it comes in crystals not unlike rock candy.

Traditionally, speed referred to amphetamine salts like dextroamphetamine sulfate (uppers). They tend to have similar effects but don’t work the same way at normal dosages in that methamphetamine causes the release of neurotransmitters in the brain directly while other amphetamines tend to do this only at elevated dosage levels.

On Intervention, the guy who used to help people was asked what his addiction was. He replied “Crystal Meth”.

Maybe he was replying to how he believed the audience would relate.

NM

That’s where you lose all credibility. Sorry.:frowning:

Oh you big bully you!

Maybe it’s a regional thing. No one around here would ever call soda “pop”, for example. I’ve only personally known one meth user(well, only one who admitted it, anyway), and she called it “meth” or “crystal”.

Here to. Now I have to start telling them they are all wrong.

DON’T TELL THEM THEY’RE WRONG…THEY’RE COPS!!!**

:cool:

OK, sorry. You’re credible. Or incredible. :smiley:

What the fuck are you on about? I don’t know what dry gulch you live in, but meth (there, I said it) is still sold by the metric shit-ton (and smaller amounts) across the US, most of it brought in from Mexico since the rousing success of the War on Sinus Sufferers. There are periodic busts of stash houses up in the far northern suburbs of Atlanta yielding enough bricks of crystal to build an igloo and usually four or five arrestees with hypenated Latino surnames. Just because nitwit emokidz have lately taken to buying “bath salts” and “sneaker polish” and “Wild Berry PopRocks” from shady gas stations and websites doesn’t mean methamphetamine has been eradicated.

Sounds like you need just better connections.

Damn right.

I tried to “quote” it earlier but fucked it up big time, but you MUST check out AClockworkMelon’s Meth 5 linky.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Now I want to go out and get me some meth…

Good advice - I think I’ll start with your rambling nonsense.