The Third Annual Steelers March to the Super Bowl Thread

Are they playing the Giants three times this year? How did that happen?

What the Raven fans all seem to forget is they are nothing but the Clowns in new uniforms.

Lets look at the Steeler schedule

WIN TITANS Easy Win, is Mcnair old enough for Social security yet? Or is Volek the QB if so…
WIN @ Texans I say Win here but the Texans might be a challenger this year.
UNSURE PATRIOTS Possible loss, the Pats are a good match up but revenge makes it fun
BYE WEEK
WIN @ Chargers Can you say overhyped? Win
LOSS JAGUARS I like Leftwich, enough that a Loss here I would expect.
WIN @ Bengals The Johnson team, sorry need more then that. Win
WIN RAVENS You can have the best WR’s in the league and with Boller you lose. Win
WIN @ Packers Maybe Farve can join McNair on Social Security. Win
WIN BROWNS Why retire when you can join the Browns eh Dilfer, Win
WIN @ Ravens Boller, the second coming of Kordell. Win
LOSS @ Colts This will be the last year SB or money problems for the Colts LOSS
WIN BENGALS Defense improving but not enough
WIN BEARS Rex “I break easy man” not enough to stop the Black and Gold
WIN @ Vikings replace the mouth Moss with a better D, thats a step up but not enough
WIN @ Browns The Browns will try mightily this year but still not enough to stop a Steeler sweep
LOSS LIONS The Lions will win with the Steeler starters taking the bench

I will have to admit that the Steelers won me over last year. The fact that my favorite bartender was a Steeler fanatic probably had something to do with that. But this year he’s moved on to a desk job. Will vibrotronica’s attention hold out? Or will that shiney thing over there distract him?

Ooh, shiney…

For everybody saying Big Ben’s awesome or that Big Ben sucks please remember that with the Steelers, it’s never, EVER about the offense. Number 1 in points allowed, #4 in passing yards, and #1 against the run (though this could be situationally skewed).

And people have been saying that Bettis has been over the hill for years. Sure, I don’t want him getting the lion’s share of the carries, but he’s still better than most backs in the league. That being said, get well soon Duce!!!

I don’t think Ben sucks. But I do believe that his team made his year last year and I am hoping that he steps it up a notch this year.

Bills fan checking in here.

They’ve got a real unknown in JP Losman. 8-8 is realistic, maybe a 9-7 and a slide into the playoff’s with some luck.

Why am I optimistic? Second ranked defense last year with all the same guys coming back, and killer special teams. Willis McGahee at RB starting all season could put up some gaudy numbers and I’m looking for Lee Evans to pull some of the coverage off the other WR Eric Moulds.

I think you misunderstood me. We’re on the same page. His numbers were fine for a rookie, but he needs to keep improving. He’ll be a quality QB.

I’m just saying DEEEEEEE-FENSE!!!

Cowboys!!! WoooOOOOooo!!! Cowboys!!

What?

Aw, c’mon, stop laughing. Really. It’s not that funny. Awwwww …

I’m pretty sure the Colts aren’t going to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. I’m also pretty sure that if you guys keep saying “the Eagles are imploding” every preseason, you’ll be right once. You just haven’t been yet.

:sniff: :frowning:

Sorry, but that’s one of the games he called correctly. Drew Brees was the fluke of the year last season…I wouldn’t be expecting a repeat performace.

I love this thread every year. It’s so cute, sort of like Linus waiting up all night in the Pumpkin Patch just to see the Great Pumpkin, but it always ends in disappointment.

Well in last year’s thread, before the regular season began I predicted them going 16/0. They purposely lost one game early on to mess my prediction up, so this year I predict that they will go 16/-1 in the regular season, which will be a harder prediction to foil, I think.

To summarize:

WIN - Titans - easy win
WIN - Texans - probably the score will be something like 800-2
WIN - Patriots - might be the closest game of the season, Pittsburgh by 55.
WIN - BYE WEEK - Pittsburgh is so good they will figure a way to win against this difficult opponent. (Awarded a 1-loss reduction by the league)
WIN - Chargers - Zzapp!
WIN - Jaguars - The Pirates could sub for the Steelers and win this one!
WIN - Bengals - The Steeler fans could sub for the Steelers and win this one.
WIN - Ravens - The “big rivalry” will stoke the Steelers. Expect a big route here, Pittsburgh 1069, Baltimore 0
WIN - Packers - why even bother?
WIN - Browns - any given Steeler alone could beat this entire team.
WIN - Ravens - I expect Pittsburgh to toy with them this time, for fun. Pittsburgh 4, Baltimore 0.
WIN - Colts - There is some danger that the first touchdown of the year against Pittsburgh could happen in this game
WIN - Bengals - Duh!
WIN - Bears - Steelers will try to even things out and play on unicycles. They’ll still win big.
WIN - Vikings - This team would lose against the Thule Little League team in any given sport.
WIN - Browns - Will this even be enjoyable? Pittsburgh 13,435 Browns 0.
WIN - Lions - Though having nothing to play for, Lions will have even less.

I expect equally dominating results for the Steelers in the Playoffs, and in all future seasons and other endeavors.

The Ward situation has taken a positive turn, although nothing’s set in stone.

Defense will win out this year, I agree. But that’s not much of a stretch. Defense won out last year. Defense won out the year before that. And the year before that. (Bucs over high flying Raiders.) And the year before that. (Pats over high flying Rams.)

Interestingly, there was no Superbowl the year before that due to Y2K issues. Such a shame to end the season after the NFC Conference Championship. But if there were a game, I’m confident the winner would have been a strong defensive team.

This is the year of the Jets. Not only were they robbed of their rightful championship last year, but it was foretold. Anybody remember that commercial from 3-4 years ago, when the Jet (John Abraham maybe) was talking to the little kid in the classroom who answered every question easily? It ended with him asking if the Jets would win the Superbowl. The kid replied: “2006.” Fade to black, with the announcer saying “Spooky.”

Speaking of which, [post=5716886]I’m your bitch[/post] this year, Airman:

Yep, Steeler Season is here. Fellow Steelers fans, driving through the South Side yesterday evening, I saw a car decked out with 2 Steelers flags and a bunch of decals, presumably on its way to the game. My brother, who’s in town from Boston, and a coworker were at the game last night. It sounds like they had a good game to watch, although I don’t count pre-season for much. 21 points with only 1 offensive series?! :wink: Not to mention we’re getting Hines Ward back?! :smiley:

Here’s to a good season, gentlemen!

CJ

For the record, the first two minutes and five seconds of last night’s game was one of the most beautiful things I’ve ever beheld.

I’ll stop talking shit about the Eagles’ lack of receiver talent, however. The young’uns certainly stepped it up (at least in the 1st quarter, which was all that I watched).

I put money on the Ravens this year. I think Pittsburgh will slide back to second place this season. The Ravens got better in the offseason and the Steelers didn’t.

I did bet on the Steelers to beat Green Bay though. Somehow the Packers are one-point favorites in that game. How? Why? Candy from a baby.

The Ravens got a better QB then Boller? Really I missed it. I thought they improved the WR core without improving the QB. Pity that.

The Steelers didn’t “have” to improve they only had to remain stable, the Ravens had to improve and there improvements still did not put them in Steeler status.

Ravens will be second in the AFC North, if the Bungals let them.

Where can I get in on that action?