Early 90's Pop Culture

Who was the basketball (?) player in the early 90’s who claimed to have had sex with 20,000 women or more? It was the subject of much late-night ridicule for months.

Wilt Chamberlin.

No cite, just memory.

Wilt “The Stilt” Chamberlain.

Wilt Chamberlain?

Wasn’t it 10,000 women, and didn’t they prove it to be almost mathematically impossible (he would have to sleep with a different women every single day for 27 years or something.)?

It doesn’t sound possible. Thanks for the replies. My boyfriend swore it was Dr. J. I knew it wasn’t, I just couldn’t remember Wilt’s name.

I am pretty sure it was Magic “Johnson” Johnson.

It was indeed the late and the great Wilt Chamberlin. The statement came from his autobiography which I believe was titled “The View From Above” or something like that.

And actually it’s not impossible for him to have accomplished that, if you take into account that he said that he would have sex with multiple women at one time or sex with a different womean several times a day.

Wilt Chamberlain claimed in 1991 to have had sex with some 20,000 women in his life – on average, he wrote, “1.2 women a day, every day since I was 15 years old.”