Friend Zone, Truth or Fiction? Ladies?

I am willing to bet that a large % of guys have heard these dreaded words… “I’d like to date you, but I just don’t want to ruin our friendship.” You know, The friend Zone. My question to you ladies is, Is this the truth (generaly speaking). Or is this just BS and a nice way of telling a guy “Not in a million years?”

I personaly feel that this is just a nice way of saying that they don’t want to date you. Ladies and Gents, feel free to proceed with some stories if you’d like.

I can only speak for myself. I’ve used that line only once and, yes, it translated to ‘Not in a million years, pal.’

I’m entirely convinced that “The Friend Zone” is a male myth. If a woman says that she just wants to be friends, that means that at no point did she want to be anything other than friends.

Too often I hear my friends complain that the girl they like has moved them into the friend zone. They say that they waited too long, or they said the wrong thing. This “Friend Zone” seems to be a black hole, from which there is no escape. What I want to know is, what is so bad about being friends with a female? I have tons of female friends, some of which I’ve had feelings for, some of which were mutual. I view none of these friendships as consolation prizes, and that’s what happens with a “Friend Zone” look on life.

Fellow fellas, if someone says they just want to be friends, that doesn’t mean you did anything wrong, or said something inappropriate which moved you from Column A to Column B. You were just simply in Column B to begin with! Simply find someone who is looking for someone out of Column B.

I think there’s a difference between deciding as soon as you meet someone that they’re to be a “friend only” and realizing at some point that a possible romantic relationship would not be worth risking the actual friendship for.
That being said, any guy who tried to be my “friend” just so he could plot how to get into my pants wouldn’t stay a friend for very long.