Cafeteria Workers Appreciation Day!

Is there a day to honor those wonderful lunchladies and lunchgentlemen (hehe) who serve us? There should be. If there isn’t a Cafeteria Workers Appreciation Day, I’m going to make one.

In the morning, when I’m groggy and grumpy, I trudge down to the cafeteria for breakfast. The man who swipes my card always asks how I’m doing, talks to me, and generally makes me feel better. The ladies in the kitchen chat with me while dishing out whatever slop is on the menu, and everyone is polite. They smile at me, wish me a nice day, and I leave the cafeteria with a smile on my face 3 times a day.

So thank you cafeteria workers, especially you nice folks down at Brooks Dining Hall. You make college life bearable.

“If it wasn’t for the lunchlady, the kids wouldn’t eatcha, you should be shaking her hand and saying ‘pleased to meet ya!’”

• “Lunchlady Land,” by Adam Sandler

Gah. I wouldnt pay tribute to my school’s lunchladies if somebody payed me. First of all the woman who works the cash register is 137 and moves at a rate that compares to that of a sloth (yet she still manages to drive 45 MPH on our school’s 25 MPH zone), not to mention the fact that the food completely sucks, and its a freaking $1.60 for EVERYTHING. crappy hamburgers? $1.60. a single hotdog? $1.60. a SALAD!! $1.60. Its crazy! Lunch ladies!!! Get yo’ act together if you want me to thank you!!!

…ok so maybe I’m a little bitter about it…