"Toy Story 2" Snake-in-the-boot reference: I don't get it???

OK, that Toy Story 2 “I must have a SNAKE in my BOOT” line has been mentioned in at least two threads on this board. I just saw the movie Tuesday night. That line was funny on its own merit, but any deeper meaning must have flown over my head, and thus over the heads of any children in the audience.

What’s the joke?

Snake=penis(?)
Boot= ???

boot = “booty”

Ya gotta email Voguevixen.
Her boot’s full o’ snakes!! Check out her sig line.

In the first Toy Story, Woody would involuntarily say certain “cowboyisms” when you pulled his string. One of them was “There’s a snake in mah boots!”

Others included “yer mah fav’rit deputy!”, “Reach for the sky!” and, bizarrely, “Somebody’s poisoned the waterhole!”

Live a Lush Life
Da Chef

Chef,

Wow, interesting point. I’ve seen TOY STORY about 700 times on video with my kids, and I always took that line for granted.

But it certainly IS an odd thing for a toy cowboy to say.

Uke

**“G.I. Joe, U.S. Army, reporting for duty.”

“Medic, get that stretcher up here!”

“Enemy planes! Hit the dirt!”**

I loved my talking G.I. Joe. ::sigh::

Uke said:

Thanks, Ike. Now that I’ve finally managed to impress you, let me show you this manuscript I’ve been working on…
grin

Live a Lush Life
Da Chef

ChiefScott,
I never had the talking GI Joe, but I had one with life like hair, and one with the kung fu grip. Those were the BEST! I had SO much fun with my GI Joes when I was a kid, and they were practically indestructable! Different adventure everyday.

I must say that I think they used the “Snake in my Boot” phrase too often, and not any of the others. Especially since we were seeing the original Woody’s Round-Up TV show, which is where the other phrases would have context.

That’s about the only criticism I have though.

-PIGEONMAN-
Hero For A New Millennium!

The Legend Of PigeonMan - updates every Wed & Sat. If I can be bothered.

Dang, you guys! Don’t you know your cowboy lore? When you were out ridin’ the herd in you had to make sure to shake your boots out in the morning in case any vermin crawled in whilst you were sleeping. (Insects, scorpions, and (yes) snakes.) “Somebody’s poisoned the water hole!” would be a phrase from the Woody’s Round-up show, which if I’m not mistaken seemed to take on a sort of “Lassie” type quality where Woody would gather clues about whatever trouble the town was having and save the day. (I’m guessing this would be the episode in which someone poisoned the waterhole :wink: )

“There’s a snake in my boot!”