Male with wide hips?

Hey,

So I think I have wider-than-average hips for a male. My pant size has always been around 35 to 36, regardless of weight. My bones are simply that large; if I lost weight, it wouldn’t matter.

What I’m wondering is, are there any ways to slim down? Reconstructive hip surgery? Vertical stripes? Get broader shoulders?

Do dead lifts. They will thicken your midsection to make you more proportioned. I’d stay away from any unnecessary surgery.

Work on widening your upper body and midsection so they don’t stand out. Deadlifts, squats, pulldowns, rows, and overhead presses are all great. Throw in a bench for completeness, and you’re good to go.

Are you short? If so, I would say weight gain would be the only solution. That and a beeper thingy for when you walk backwards.

It isn’t bad unless you are pear shaped. I have a good friend and hiw butt is way wider than his shoulders. We mock him and call hikm pear-shaped man.

lol

You guys are funny. :slight_smile:

I will look into the deadlifts thing. Sounds like a good idea.

I guess it’s not so bad, but I’m just envious of guys with slim waists and broad shoulders. And it’s frustrating that I could lose all the weight in the world and still wear size 35 pants. :frowning:

Look into the other motions I presented. They’ll help to make your upper body bigger, which will make your waist stand out less.

Look into the other motions I presented. They’ll help to make your upper body bigger, which will make your waist stand out less.

Unless you are really short or have a really small upper body with narrow shoulders, a 35-36 inch waist doesn’t sound freakishly wide to me. When I think of men with wide hips, I imagine waddling instead of walking, the “pear shape,” etc, and I think that takes more than that size waist on most people! But if it really bothers you, work out as others have suggested, hopefully that’ll help.