latex and almond oil

Sooo… we all know that petrolium jelly + latex = very bad, but I was wondering how latex reacts to other types of oils. Specifically, we bought an all-natural massage oil yesterday, and I’m wondering how careful we need to be with it.

Ingredients:
Almond oil, coconut oil, kukui oil, olive oil, canola oil, pecan oil, vitamin E, oleth 3, essential oil and/or fragrance, natural herb, spice, flower, or resin (the last four being put whole in the bottle to infuse the oils)

Does anyone know if any of these are stuff to watch out for?

TIA.

I’m not completely certain, but I’ve always heard that any oil-based product can degrade latex. That’s why they tell you to use water-based products with condoms, and presumably why medical people use water-based lubes with their latex gloves.

Google “latex” “vegetable” “oil” – there are many many sites and (cites) indicating that all oils (animal, vegetable, & mineral) will degrade latex. This also includes hand lotions, Crisco, and Mr. S Personal Lubricant. Only water-based and glycerin-based lubricants are latex-safe. And yes, rubbing alcohol kills latex too.

Google “latex” “vegetable” “oil” – there are many many sites and (cites) indicating that all oils (animal, vegetable, & mineral) will degrade latex. This also includes hand lotions, Crisco, and Mr. S Personal Lubricant. Only water-based and glycerin-based lubricants are latex-safe. And yes, rubbing alcohol kills latex too.

%#@&ing hamster!

%#@&ing hamster!

Dont even think about it Nametag.
DSA1920’sSDRST.