A Big Fuck You, Pizza Hut

Last night, after a long day at work, I decided to order take away for dinner. I rummaged through the reams of junk mail, and decided to order pizza from Pizza Hut. After going through the usual shit, with the order, I was told by some punky kid on minimum wage, that we dont deliver to your area. I asked him, then how come you send me crap mail that you do? “Um I dunno” was his response. And then he hung up on me. I rang the manager straight away, and told him what had happened. Like that made any difference!!!

Its not like I live in some backburner hicktown, population 20!! Theres a fucking Pizza Hut Store not even 5kms from me. And after this episode, there was NO WAY I was going to get in the car, and pick it up myself.

Anyway, Pizza Hut, thanks to your incompetence, Ive found a pizza parlour that makes better pizzas, and DOES deliver.

In my experience it would be more noteworthy if you found a pizza parlour that doesn’t make better pizza. Around here Pizza Hut is the pits, my local one went broke.

Yeah, I don’t understand the Dominos jokes they make on the Simpsons. Here it’s by far the preferable option. Especially since my local one does a student deal where a large pizza costs 6 bucks. Or 3 dollars 'merkin.

So, rather than them just buying a page of space for coupons in the shitty “Weekly Values” newspaper that everyone gets once a week in the mail –
You’re suggesting that it’s more feasible for them to keep and maintain a database of every mailing address in the United States who falls within one of their delivery areas, keeping a tight audit so that no one gets anything who falls outside their delivery areas, Then of course, since they have a subset of customers that only they want to reach and it doesn’t overlap with any other local businesses, they then have to create flyers/pamphlets/coupons, and address and seal and mark each for bulk mailing.

I wonder why someone else hasn’t thought of that already? It sounds like a great idea.

Dude, you should call them, order pizza to go, and never go out to get it.
If they call back, tell them you made a mistake and that their restaurant falls outside your pick-up area.

All this because of pizza?

You must lead a very stressful life, Phizer.

Pizza Hut has been on my shit list since this January. The country was in the throes of that horrible flu going around, and I stopped into a Pizza Hut to have lunch with my son. My lunchtime entertainment ended up being a manager, on a cell phone at a nearby table, loudly telling another manager that he pretty much didn’t believe in any sort of sick leave policy. They went into quite a discussion about an assistant manager at another store who dared to stay home with the flu and how she was going to be reprimanded.

I wrote a letter to corporate, pointing out it’s a shitty policy. Okay, I know it goes on everywhere, but I thought I’d say something, especially since the manager was caught saying it as plain as day.

If that wasn’t bad enough, I never got a reply. Not even a canned one.

That’s when you pick up your pizza, walk over to the manager, and loudly say, “You mean this pizza is covered in flu germs?”, drop the pizza in front of him and leave.

But Dominos tried to kill me! Repeatedly!

Okay, so they just slip shiny-slippery-paper ads under the door of my dorm room every week or so, and I’ve stepped blindly on a few while entering my room…but one header into my dresser as the surface under my foot suddenly took on the traction of teflon was enough to send me to Pizza places who don’t practice booby-trap advertising methods whenever I get the urge for delivery.

Dominos is eeeevil.

HAH! Genius!

Yeap, Pizza Hut is crap aint it?

Hey Phizer, is your area a high crime zone? Methinks the Pizza Hut guys got mugged too many times…

Im in a suburb of Melbourne Australia, which has a relativelyt low crime rate. Ironically, the area the pizza hut shop is in, has a much higher one!!!

i tried to order from “shitty hut” once. it went something like this:
them: what’s your address mr spades
me: i live at 9999 lankaster ave.
them:we don’t deleaver there.
me: but your located on lankaster ave.
me:i live on lankaster ave
me: your only about a mile up the street!
me: i don’t underst…
them:we don’t deleaver there. click

i haven’t eaten pizza hut since. never again

In fairness to the phone clerk, he is not the one who mails out coupons. He has no idea who mails out coupons. The people who mail out the coupons likely don’t even work for Pizza Hut and don’t know that either you or the local franchise exist.

I get ads for Pizza Hut, Dominoes, and Papa Johns once in a while but they’re all a minimum of 26 miles away from my house. Of course I do happen to live in Backburner Hicktown, USA.

Marc

I often sway between liking Pizza Hut and hateing them. Their pizza’s are nice, and last month they even gave me a free one.

BUT, I moved in December. And we got a Pizza Hut leaflet too. It said they deliered within X (can’t remember how many) miles. I lived in that area. So I phoned them up and got
Them “Sorry, we don’t deliver in your area.”
Me “But I live within X miles from the restaurent.”
Them “No you don’t”
:rolleyes:

Well, gee, the “punk” on the phone sounds like a real piece of shit. After all, he only makes minimum wage! Too bad he hung up before you could give him the reaming he so richly deserved.

I gotta e-mail your woman to see why it is you were ordering pizza??? :wink:

Oh yea, and fuck Pizza Hut - they suck! Glad you found a better pie!

Yogini

I live a mile and a half from a Papa John’s that won’t deliver to me because I’m outside of their area. The one that DOES deliver is 4 miles away. Go figure.

Actually, that wasn’t far from the case at the newspaper I worked at 8 years ago…we had like 15 different “zones” we inserted advertisements for. Sure, there might be some overlap, but it’s not like people in an entirely different community would get inappropriate advertisements. I wouldn’t think it would be prohibitively expensive to narrow down the range of the far-flung “weekly value” inserts. Not out of cost consideration or morals, but as a marketing consideration: as the OP has shown, it’s bad PR to advertise in an area you do not service.