Can I buy 50 cent pieces at the bank

There is a TD bank accross the street from here, and I was wondering if I could just walk in off the street and buy a 50 cent piece.

I know I can buy them from other stores, but in other stores, they are always part of a collectors pack, and cost much more.

I just want to wander into the bank, plunk down my loonie, and get a pair of 50 cent pieces, is this posible?

Thanks, btw this is in Canada.

The bank is across the street and you are asking an internet message board?

Get up, and go there and ask. They won’t bite your head off. Be sure to post your results.

Unless there’s some oddity with a Canadian 50c piece (not being minted anymore, limited runs, etc) you should be able to get any denomination of legal tender from a bank for face value. I know my father regularly exchanges bills for a roll of $1 (USD) coins just for the novelty and their convenience with vending machines.

I suppose there might be some limitations that the bank imposes (minimum amount to exchange, must be a member of the bank, etc).

Wouldn’t it be easier to just go over to the bank and ask, rather than putting the question to random people on the Internet?

I’m working right now when the question hit me, and I’m not sure I want to buy a roll of 50 cent pieces, just one or two.

So I wandered over there.

Apparently they only carry 50 cent pieces when someone gives them to the bank. The teller told me that she has some a couple weeks ago, but no one at the bank had any.

I could buy some from a post office, but they are in a display case that is a rip off. I’m not gonna pay 10$ for a 50 cent piece in a display case.