Korean pubic hair transplant

Two questions about Korea

1. I read in passing that it had become common for Korean women to transplant hair from the head to the pubic area, since a hairy vagina is supposed to be a fertility sign.

A Google turn up a few dubious results, mostly from Ananova.

“In the West, women try to reduce their genital hair as much as possible, but in Korea the trend is for forestationhttp://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_815503.html
forestation huh…

As an aside I also heard there is a Korean insult that goes like: “Your mother has a bald pussy!” ?

1. The same place I read that Korean women often buy shoes that make their feet appear larger that they actual are since large feet are considered beautiful.

Any truth to any of these?

In my experience of Korean ladies, which is above-minimal but less than extensive, the answer is ‘no’.

Not sure about the foot thing. Sounds equally unlikely.

ACK! get your anatomy right. Vaginas are not hairy!

female genital area

Sounds like quite a good insult in any country?!

I am not sure how this scale is being determined. If the employees of the infamous barber shops are anything to go by, I can say that my somewhat extensive experience would imply that Korean women do not seek forestation.

After all, if this was a trend, I would expect the professionals to be more likely to follow it, particularly in places that cater primarily to a local clientele.

Heh. I was going to mention that - a hairy vagina would be really rather itchy.

Well they are if you transplant hair to them. How’s this going to work anyway? Supposedly Koreans have straight hair and curly pubic hair – straight pubic hair must look kinda weird.

I live in Seoul…

I’ve never ever heard about this transplant thing.

Actually some do have naturally, perfectly straight pubic hair and on the men who don’t trim it (see below) it looks quite odd.
As for wanting to be hairy… also in my experience not true. Maybe the older generation but I wouldn’t know about them. The younger generation of women seem to have similar pubic grooming habits to those of young western women.

Korean men on the other hand, don’t seem to even trim. Based on my experiences in the gym locker room and sauna.

As for the shoes… its somewhat true. Last year there was a hideous fad where Korean men would wear ridiculously oversized dress shoes, they literally looked like clown shoes. Not sure how they managed to walk in them. Some Korean women were wearing very long and pointy shoes, so pointy they looked like genie shoes without the curl at the end. This fad has mostly faded now.