Sexiest non-sex scene since the sixties

Say it three times fast, I dare ya.

Point is, thought I’d take a little poll of the sexiest scenes involving sexual innuendo, sexual metaphor, whatever, but not involving actual sex. I feel there should be a division here: pre-60s and post-60s films, since prior to the 60s, filmmakers were ONLY able to portray sex through metaphor and innuendo, giving them a significant advantage over post-60s filmmakers, who, if they wanted to portray sex, could do simply do so.

This will apply only to movies. If you want to mention a TV scene, feel free to, but network TV still works under strictures almost as strict as filmmakers did prior to the 60s.

I’ll start by nominating a little-known scene from a movie called “The Ghost in the Invisible Bikini.” It was post-sixties, I believe, but as it was aimed at a teen market was censored. At one point, the bad guys kidnapped well-endowed female lead Deborah Walley. They tie her, wearing a see-through purple negligee, to a log in an abandoned sawmill, with her legs spread wide to either side of the log. Then they turn on the saw and send the log with her on it slowly down toward it. Then the good guys arrive and begin fighting it out with the bad guys. Periodically the good guys would get to the switch and back the log up, but then the bad guys would get to the switch and send it forward.

As a result, we had all these scenes of a half-naked, wailing, shreking, woman doing some SERIOUS writhing as she got closer and closer to the saw, so close that the saw would start cutting the log and as the woman shreiked louder and writhed even more vigorously, a huge shower of sawdust would erupt from between her legs as the saw started cutting the log. Then the good guys would hitch the switch as the woman slumped in grateful release. Then the bad guys would hit the switch and the whole process would start over again.

And lest we miss the point, a lot of Walley’s sawmill scenes were shot with a Heaving Breast Cam, it’s viewpoint fixed just above her head, so that we see her heaving breasts and writhing thighs and then we see the sawdust erupt like fireworks from between her legs.

This is undoubtedly the most imaginative use of the old “tied to the log in a sawmill” cliche I have ever seen in my life.

So, anybody else got anything else?

Tarzan, pulling off Jane’s glove, in Disney’s Tarzan.

Miss Kenton (Emma Thompson) taking a book from Stevens (Anthony Hopkins) in Remains of the Day.

Strangely enough, there was a wonderful moment in a made-for-TV Perry Mason movie in which Della Street (Barbara Hale) was sleeping and Perry draped his XXXXL overcoat around her. The look on her sleeping face as she snuggled into it expressed a familiarity and comfort (the smell, the warmth, etc.) that- I dunno- even those these actors were pushing 70 (possibly behind them) and Raymond Burr was the size of Cleveland it was still just a very sexy moment. I’ll go now.

There’s always the dinner scene in Tom Jones, where the food is consumed in a very sexual manner.

Tom Jones is the one that immediately came to mind for me, too, but it was in the 60’s.

The Ghost in the Invisible Bikini was made in 1966.

It’s been many years since I’ve seen it, but this was the movie that made me reconsider the rule that any movie with Boris Karloff and Basil Rathbone in it couldn’t be all bad.

The scene in The English Patient where the guy from “Lost” puts the woman from Amelie in a parachute harness and hands her a flare, then sets her bouncing all over a temple to see the artwork high up on the walls. Not anywhere near as explicit as the OP, of course, but still pretty damn sexy.

John Book dancing with Rachel Lapp in Witness.

Creepy sexual innuendo abounds in “Silence of the Lambs”, but the most unsettling bit had to be the leer that Clarice Starling’s boss gives her as they shake hands at her academy graduation. At least Lecter and Buffalo Bill are out & out, unmistakeable psychopaths, but this scene intimates that Crawford harbors similar feelings for her, and that he might be a bit “off-kilter” as well.

Ummmm can anyone say Entrapment when Catherine is working her way through the strings and she’s blindfolded. DAMN she is hot, but DAMMMMMN she was even hotter in that scene.

In The Incredibles, towards the opening of the movie. Elasti-Girl and Mr. Incredible (then not yet married) meet while they’re on their crimefighting beats. Elasti-Girl tells Mr. Incredible that he needs to be more flexible, while sort of flowing around him. It’s difficult to describe, of course, and even more difficult to pull off without superpowers, but incredibly sexual on-screen.

Agreed! Plus 10!
:slight_smile:

How about Deborah Kerr and Yul Brynner in The King and I? Just about any scene, but especially the dancing.

There’s something about a challenging stance that can be a real turn on. Yul was a great stander.

Tim Olyphant does it with Molly Parker in Deadwood, when they’re standing in line for smallpox vaccinations. She starts to move forward, and he moves from beside her to in front of her, not touching, just standing there. It was hot.

And you found this scene sexy? Uh…ok.

(plus, I think you’re reading way more into that scene than what was intended).

Also Catherine Zeta Jones with Antonio Banderas in The Mask of Zorro, when they first encounter each other and are swordfighting and flirting at the same time.

Ummm

That is Juliette Binoche in The English Patient. She wasn’t in Amelie.

But it was sexy.
I nominate Bridget Fonda eating ravioli in Point of No Return. But that leads to sex.
Ann Margret in Tommy. The beans, the pillow, the agony and the ecastay.
Also in The Lion King the sequence for Can you Feel the Love Tonight. It’s filled with pre-sixties sexual images and then that song title.

The Little Mermaid, during the Kiss the Girl number she gives him a look. It’s not a Kiss Me look, it is a F*** ME NOW look.

There is a bit in My Life as a Dog where two young kids have a very sexual scene. They don’t have sex obviously but it is really tense. It is the scene where they unwrap her (just developing) breasts from a bandage that she wears so she can play sports.
And one on the Pre 60s or innocent side. The Honestly Sincere song from the musical Bye Bye Birdie is basically an orgy.

How about the scene in The Empire Strikes Back when Han and Leia are working on the Falcon and he starts rubbing her hands? The whole,
Han: I think you like me because I’m a scoundrel.
Leia: I happen to like nice men.
Han: I’m nice men.
Leia: No you’re not, you’re-smooch

Just the look on his face, that sexy voice. sigh

My vote is for Body Heat when Kathleen Turner has shown William Hurt the wind chimes, he starts to leave, looks at her and then smashes the sidelite of the door, lets himself inside, and amidst a steamy kiss grabs her ass.

(And now for the “freak” post)

The Secret of NIMH; Mrs. Brisby’s escape attempts from a bird cage.

What?

::Pause::

Crap. I just killed the thread, didn’t I? :smack:

***BING!!!

I don’t even think the filmmakers and animators know how sexy that scene is, judging by the DVD commentary.
Here’s one: The first appearance of Venus (played by Uma Thurman) in Baron Munchausen.

And in Doc Hollywood, a rather forgettable Michael J Fox movie, the scene of Julie Warner emerging from after bathing in the lake.