Invasion Iowa anyone? Thoughts?

I’ve caught a bit of it and found it entertaining, I missed the finale, but expect Spike to air the whole thing in one day at some time.

I’m personally surprised that Shatner never started the Punk’d tradition as a show – isn’t it sad to think you lack the vision of Ashton Kutcher?

I remember reading about all his practical jokes and what a general “Uncle Arthur” he was on the set.

Anyone got a comment?

I watched the whole thing as I am a huge Shatner fan. Yes, you heard me, a huge Shatner fan!

I am not a fan, however, of “reality tv” but I found it to be very entertaining. I fell in love with the townspeople just like the cast did.

Too bad you missed the finale (were you watching Battlestar Galactica instead? :slight_smile: ) as it was wonderful. I never would have guessed I would be holding back tears during a show like this.

It had it’s goofy moments, and I’m sure most of the townspeople knew there was something going on other than just a movie production. There were just too many “reality show moments”, most coming from Bill Shatner’s “nephew”, Tiny. He was way over the top.

But the townspeople were so great, and the show did not make fun of them at all, I felt. They were treated with respect and dignity, and they all seemed to take the “joke” in stride and were able to see it as humourous, not mean spirited.

I LOVED the sweet older man who asked Shatner to go to the cemetary with him…Shatner was absolutely floored by that. And the cue card lady Diana was a sweetheart.

I looked on a map and just realized that I used to live about 30 miles south of Riverside! And I never knew it was the future birthplace of J.T. Kirk! :smack:

We’re only a few hours away from there now, we might take a side trip for kicks this summer.

I have this on me TiVo®, and I’m just starting to look at it. I want a three-pack of Shats.