Is there some reason I can't open/play audio clips from Barnes and Nobles website?

I’m trying to identify a song here http://music.barnesandnoble.com/search/product.asp?userid=2y0LfMRBRi&EAN=696998666122&ITM=1 but I can’t seem to get the audio clips to run.

Winamp is my default player but I normally don’t have a problem switching over to Quicktime, Windows Media Player or RealAudio. I can’t get these to download or open.

I have XP and it doesn’t appear as if my popup blockers are the cause. My speakers are just fine.

Any surmises what gives?

My guess is that your file associations are all funked up due to the number of disparate players installed.

Try this.

Open Windows Media Player. Select the drop down at the top called Tools (if you don’t see one, right click on the blue part and select show menu bar), and then go to Options. Within the interface that pops u, select the File types tab. Make sure “ASF” is checked. Hit apply, then OK. Close everything, retry B&N.

I’ve had the same problem with sites like “Musicians Friend” where you can listen to clips of instruments and accessories. I can’t. The “RealAudio” player pops up but nothing ever seems to load. Seems like it shouldn’t be any different than, say, going to the NPR site and listening to an audio clip, which I don’t have any trouble with, but apparently not.

Keep in mind that in some cases it could be an issue on the website’s end, designers often are less than diligent about testing on a variety of platforms and configurations.