Has anyone ever survived an abortion?

Has there ever been a case where a baby survived an abortion?

By definition, no. The same way that, again by definition, no one has ever survived electrocution. Now, if you want to know if there have ever been any botched attempted abortions, that’s another matter entirely. I’m sure there have been.

Here is a website that lists some. I had only heard of the first one previously - I think she does public speaking around the country against abortion.

If you mean death by electric chair, then you’re right. If you mean struck by lightning, there have been many cases where people survive.

From Merriam Webster:

Electrocution, like abortion, by defintion means that the subject dies.

I believe Q.E.D. is referring to the fact that the definition of electrocution is to kill by electricity or electric shock. To survive such an ordeal would mean you weren’t electrocuted, but rather you were shocked.

No, what I mean is that the term electrocution is defined as “death by electricity”. If you get shocked, but don’t die, you weren’t electrocuted. It’s a pet peeve of mine, you see.

Yeah, what Colibri said.

shakes fist at the fast typists

How do you feel about people who survive drowning?

Surprised.

They don’t. Someone submerged for a long period who does not die in a *near-*drowning.

And what of people who die from a near miss?!

An abortion is the spontanous or induced evacuation of the products of conception during the first 12 weeks of gestation. Since a fetus of less than 22 weeks is non-viable, outside the womb, by definition, an abortion can’t survive.

What if the person requires resuscitation? Could it not be said they drowned and survived?

The near miss didn’t kill them but they might’ve been scared to death as a result. :dubious:

From Merriam-Webster:

What do they call it after 12 weeks? I was not previously aware of this benchmark.

I read of a case, in some christian literature. The weird part is the woman’s name (who survived the abortion attempt) was Salina! (I trust you get it)

No, they are still a near drowning. They are near drownings until they’re in a body bag.
The 12 week time frame is used in the case of spontanous abortion. After 12 weeks it’s a miscarriage.
I’d rather not discuss elective termination. I’ve tried in the past, to shed light on the subject, only to be shouted down as a baby hater/killer. :rolleyes:
'nite, all