Movies with misleading titles

When you think about it, rather a lot of films have titles that could be seen as a bit misleading. For example:

Reservoir Dogs- Features neither reservoirs nor canines

Trainspotting- Not about railway enthusiasts

Serenity- Not about inner peace

Chicago- Has almost nothing whatsoever to do with the city

Lord Of The Rings- Not about megalomaniac Telecom linesmen

Return Of The King- Not about The Second Coming of Elvis

There’s plenty more examples out there… what films can you think of that have misleading titles?

The Babe - A fat, old dude is not what I think of when I think of a babe.

The Babe?

Falcon Breast.

Honestly, the old ladies at the Bird-Watcher’s Annual Potluck were very offended.

Have to mention Terry Gilliam’s Brazil.

Fine film, but has nothing to do with the nation of Brazil.

Naked Lunch - As immortalized on The Simpsons.

The 400 Blows

No, The Babe.

The Hunchback of Notre Dame is not about Knute Rockne

Romancing the Stone has nothing to do with Bianca seducing Sir Mick

[Sorceror](imdb sorceror)
It wasn’t exactly about magic.

Caprese beat me to it. It wasn’t until years later that I learned why the movie even had that title (apparently it’s the name on one of the trucks.
Visionquest – sounds like it ought to be a Tolkien wannabe.

Chinatown – Forget it Jake, it’s a misleading title. But nobody’d want to see California Water Rights Intrigues.

Watership Down.

No ship. No water. Nuthin’ goin’ down.

Jus’ rabbits, is all.

George Washington was about some troubled kids in a decaying Southern town, not about the Father of his Country.

Star Trek: Insurrection was mistitled. It was more of a mutiny than an insurrection.

All the President’s Men was much more about Woodward and Bernstein than it was about Nixon’s flunkies, most of whom never even appeared in the movie.

Triumph of the Will was supposedly about the German people’s triumph, but was more about their utter surrender - happily, in most cases - to the leadership of a single, profoundly evil man.

Star Wars was about several battles, and the interludes, in just one war… it shouldn’t be plural. OK, so I’m nitpicking.

XXX: Nope, just some Vin Diesel movie.

Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn.

He gets away.

Although the life of Christ may have been The Greatest Story Ever Told at its time, it fails to appear on numerous lists of great books. However, the Bible is the best-selling book of all time, so it may still be the greatest in terms of volume.

The Neverending Story actually ends at some point.

Duck Soup contains neither ducks nor soup.

In How The Grinch Stole Christmas- both the 1966 Chuck Jones television program and the later Ron Howard film- although the Grinch takes a large number of Christmas presents, he actually fails in stealing the holiday of Christmas itself.

And, of course, there’s the all-time great error whose IMDb entry is used as someone’s sig line here on the Dope: Krakatoa is west, not east, of Java.

The General is not about a senior military officer.

That was a good concert. :slight_smile:

Jaws was really more about the teeth… and blood in the water.

And I don’t remember any magnolias in Magnolia. Frogs falling from the skies, yes, but no magnolias.

Been done before