I need a good, simple sugar-free fudge recipe

I’m looking for yummy fudge that is sugar-free. I don’t have a candy thermometer and would rather not buy one, if I can avoid it. Any of you “Foodies” have a good one? Thanks in advance!

Bump. I have three diabetics that I’d like to make this for. I know some sugar-free recipes aren’t very tasty, so I’m hoping someone out there has a tried-and-true favorite.

I’m bumping this too, but since the main ingredient in fudge is sugar, I can’t think of any way to substitute. Maybe someone else out there has a recipe. Sorry.

Try a search for “low carb fudge.” I found this on the first hit.

** I need a good, simple sugar-free fudge recipe**

Heh. Ain’t no such thing. You can have good, simple, sugar-free OR fudge, but not all four. You can even pick two of the three, but not all four.

You can Google a jillion hits on sugar-free fudge recipe, and you’ll find that they mostly fall into one of two categories: cream cheese based and cereal (yep, like Grape-nuts) based. This is to give bulk and texture. What it does not give is fudge. Fudge is a very teeny tiny itty bitty cyrstalization of sugar, and that’s why it has such a unique texture. This is one of the times when its molecular properties are more important than its sweetness.

I’d concentrate on finding a good sugar-free brownie or chocolate cheesecake recipe instead, but it you’re dead set on trying fudge, I’d try the cream cheese kind first. I can’t imagine the cereal ones having anything other than BAD fudge grainy texture. Y’know, being grains and all.

You can make a type of “fudge” by combining equal amounts of sugar free chocolate milk mix, peanut butter and boiling hot water. Refrigerate until fudge like. It’s not great, but it’s not bad.

Damn. I was hoping there was a “splenda” version or something. These people spend an inordinate amount of time eating sugar-free junk food, so I thought it would be a nice little stocking stuffer. I just assumed it was possible to substitute. Oh well…I’ll keep an eye on this thread and see if anyone comes up with one. Thanks for the input!

I’ve actually made sugar-free fudge by substituting Splenda for sugar. It’s actually pretty good but had to be kept in the freezer because it wouldn’t set properly.

I have made a similiar version of what DeadlyAccurate linked to. It came out quite tasty

Here’s one I found, but I haven’t tried it.

SPLENDA FUDGE RECIPE
(sugar free)

2 pkg (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
2 squares (1 oz each) unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
1/2 cup Splenda sweetener
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Line an 8-inch square baking pan with foil.

In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, melted chocolate, Splenda, and vanilla until smooth.

Stir in pecans. Pour into prepared pan. Cover & refrigerate overnight.

Cut into 16 squares. Serve chilled.

Here’s another:

Diabetic Fudge
1 evaporated milk, (14 1/2 oz.)
3 tbsp cocoa
1/4 cup oleo
liquid sweetner, to equal 1/2-cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup nuts
Combine milk and cocoa in saucepan. Beat well. Add oleo, sweetner, salt.
Bring to boil. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining ingredients except
1/4 cup graham crackers. Cool about 15 minutes. Divide mixture into 32
balls. Roll in remaining cracker crumbs and chill.
There are more here

Thanks! Maybe I’ll give one a try this weekend. Mmmmm…fudge…one of the best parts of the holiday season!