Fr. Guido Sarducci-Still Writes for L'Osservatore Romano?

Father Guido Sarducci used to be the gossip columnist for the Vatican newspaper-is he still wring for them? I always enjoyed his act-when was the last time he was on TV?

Wikipedia reports the last time Novello played the character was

Seems the character comes and goes, as last reported in IMDB, Don Novello is working in other projects like a pod cast (The Radio Adventures of Dr. Floyd) and a movie (Factory Girl). (Not as the Father though)

Apparently the last time he had played the character prior to 2005, was a 1999 appearance on Penn & Teller’s Sin City Spectacular.

Just because…

You know, by coincidence I asked exactly the same question of my friend Joe last week when we were heading to Mass! What a coinicdence! He didn’t know either, so I don’t know either. I guess that you could write to him at the Vatican, but I don’t have his address. Tell him I said “Hi!” Tell him that Joe says “Hi!” too!

Stand by our President!

You would think that Novello would drag out his Lazlo character again, since Borat has stolen his schtick.

Fr. Guido appeared on Keith Olbermann’s MSNBC show Countdown on March 18, 2005, discussing The DaVinci Code . Cite. My fave Alison Stewart was guest-hosting. The transcript reads in part:

"And live on tape in front of a picture of the Vatican, Father Guido Sarducci unlocks the secrets of 'The Da Vinci Code.

DON NOVELLO, COMEDIAN, AS FATHER GUIDO SARDUCCI: You know the best way to break ‘The Da Vinci Code’?

STEWART: No, sir.

NOVELLO: Get one of these, “The Da Vinci Code” decoder ring.

STEWART: All that and more now on COUNTDOWN."

I saw him once on Craig Ferguson’s show, but that may have been a few years ago.

I’ve said it elsewhere, but I actually learned who the new pope was while listening to him on Al Franken.