How can I get rid of a strawberry seed from my throat?

I had a Peanut Butter & Jelly smoothie this afternoon (don’t laugh–they’re awesome), and somehow got a strawberry seed stuck in my throat. It’s very uncomfortable.
I’ve tried to gargle and cough, but wasn’t able to get it out.

I’ve read that eating a piece of dry bread will help. But I just did that without any luck.

Any ideas?

Will this be the first in a long chain of events that will eventually lead to my death?

I would say it’s unlikely the seed is actually still in your throat (plus they’re so tiny), but perhaps it caused a very tiny scratch that got a very tiny infection, and the local swelling there is making it FEEL like it’s still stuck. (I’m just remembering a thread a while back on pills stuck in your throat, and this was the explanation by probably Qadgop the Mercotan. (And sorry if it was anybody else.))

I mean, they are pointy on one end, so they would have the potentiality for scratching.

Yes, of course it will.

However, you can take comfort in the fact that your grave will be covered by a lovely patch of strawberry plants and your loved ones will always be able to nourish their stomachs as well as their souls when they come to visit your gravesite.

:smiley:

More seriously, what Toaster said.

Haha! Well, as long as the family is well-fed, it’s a good thing! I must say I would make an excellent fertilizer…

Thanks for the advise…I’m hoping you’re right and it’s just a scratch. I guess that would make sense since the pain feels more intense when I gargle in a certain way. Clearly I’m just irritating the would.

I once got a piece of popcorn husk stuck in the back of my throat, and no amount of hacking, coughing, eating or drinking could dislodge it. I figured it would work its way loose, but after a day or two it felt worse. I finally took a look at it in the mirror (it was high in my throat, behind my uvula) and saw it was larger and coated in a white crusty substance. Finally I took something (a drinking straw or a popsicle stick, I don’t remember) and literally scraped it off - which turned out to be a bit harder than I thought it would be.

It came off, and left a little raw spot with a tiny bit of blood, but man I felt 100x better.

Is that too much information?

Be sure to gargle with something antiseptic. Warm salt water is excellent and cheap.

Strawberry Fields Forever.

The best cure for dislodging things in the throat is with things that are hard.
Raw carrot, popcorn, corn chips.

Until THEY choke to death on the seeds.
Circle of life.

Swallow dirt. When the plant grows, pull it out.

Start an IV, give yourself 2 milligrams of glucagon and a shot of nitro spray.

Or just drink lots of water. As long as you can swallow.

Gross out time: I once had to do this with a loogie. I’m serious. The end of it was dried to something resembling a burr and it was stuck at the back of my throat.

Are you sure it’s not a tonsil stone? I had one a while back that I discovered after having a feeling like something was stuck in my throat for a few days. I looked at it in the mirror and could see a little white lump, so I pried it loose with a Q-tip. Gross!

Update…

The feeling is gone! I think it was definitely a scratch. Two days ago, the feeling in my throat was still pronounced, but it felt more like a bad sore throat than a seed, although in the same spot. Yesterday the feeling felt the same, but with only mild pain.

Today, the feeling is gone completely. From now on, I’m only going to drink a smoothie if the strawberry seeds have been properly sanded, buffed, and polished!

Tonsil stone? Yikes! Any idea how that developed?

I literally just had this issue like 2 hours ago and I was drinking a smoothie with strawberries in it and OMG I feel like the seeds r still in my throat. I have tried coughing and drinking tons of water and eating bread, nothing worked. I will update if it goes away:)