A Dr. Who Question or two

What is the name of that very well done episode that was so Dr. lite. It had a young woman that sees the Dr. and (IIRC) Rose going into a doorway after a monster of some sort. There is a young black guy police inspector that tries to help her in her search for something and disappears only to send for her much later where she finds him in the hospital very old and preparing to die. There are killer statues of some kind that freeze when looked upon. In a parking garage?
Anyway, I loved that one and it was accidentally erased from the DVR and I’d like to see it again. Which brings me to my second question.
Is there a site where entire episodes of previous years can be viewed? Many thanks in advance. I have known for years that “when in doubt, ask a Doper”.
Nic

That would be Blink from Season 3

The episode you’re referring to is called “Blink”, and it’s marvellous. It’s not Rose though, it’s a one-off character called Sally Sparrow. Can’t help with the second question, but I’m sure someone more knowledgeable than me will be along in a minute.

“Blink”…episode 10 of season 3. Great one.

Here’s the link.

D’oh! :slight_smile:

There are Weeping Angel Action Figures! (Get several–to be safe.)

Thank you all. This has been nagging at my mind for hours! That is the episode I wanted. Now, if only I can find a site to see it again and follow all the twists and double-back events I’d be happy. Anyone ever heard of such a site existing? YouTube kinda thing?
Thanks again

It was written by Stephen Moffat, who is very awesome. He’s also responsible for the BBC show Coupling, which is quite good, and Jeckyll, as well as other Dr. Who episodes. Collect 'em all!

Ooh, Blink has been my favorite episode so far. I am totally buying one of those Weeping Angel statues.

And has just been nominated for a Hugo Award (Best Dramatic Presentation, Short Form) for this episode.

He’s won the last two years for his previous Doctor Who episodes, “The Girl In The Fireplace” and the “Empty Child” two-parter. They’re all pretty much awesome.

But then again, so is Paul Cornell’s “Human Nature” two-parter which has also been nominated for the Hugo. I can’t decide which I like more. I reckon they should all win.

“Just this once, everybody lives!”

We shouldn’t really link to such a site, but if you prefer, there is a DVD available with just that one episode on it. One of the tabloids was giving away an episode a day for a week recently, the discs are on EBay for a very reasonable price if you’re after that one episode. Linky

Don’t blink. Don’t look away. These things are fast. Faster than you can imagine.

Ⅰhave to watch that episode again now: a genius piece of writing. How do you make a convenient device for the absence of the main character into a plot strength? Oh, and Stephen Moffat also wrote the Peter Davison/David Tennant Doctor Who short, which was great for long time fans: “Does The Master still have that terrible beard?” “No. Well, he has a wife now.”

It’s on the Nebula final ballot; one of the few times a TV script has done so (they don’t split into short and long forms). I’ve read the script several times and it’s definitely a great one.

They also did a nice episode in season two where the Doctor wasn’t available: “Love and Monsters.” It also had the most risque bit of dialog ever to appear on the show.

The substitute lead (Elton Pope, played by Mark Warren) has his girlfriend Ursula turned into a face on a paving square. No body, just a face. It’s afterwards, and he’s talking about their relationship.
Elton: “We even have a sex life.”
Ursula (blushing): “Let’s not go into that.”

It was a bit of an eye opener when I heard it, I wondered how the BBC would let that pass on what was a kids episode more than any nu-Who episode.

I think it was simply because kids wouldn’t understand it. It also could be read as a natural shyness when it comes to talking about sex.

I also liked Mark Warren – I was a big fan of Hu$tle, and this was like Danny Blue lite.

<snicker> That was great!

I really enjoyed that short because Peter Davison is my favorite “old school” doctor and David Tennant is really quite a bit like him.

“You were my Doctor.” So true.

I just got a little something in my eye, is all.

This seemed to be just the thing but it appears that all the ones I’ve seen are for Region 2, Europe and I am in the U.S. I don’t think it will play on the equipment I have. Darn the luck.
I am with most of the posters here in that I think this episode is one of the best of the series and very high on the TV-in-general list. Very well thought out and intricate in its telling. The two-parter about the child in WWII London creeped Ms.Nic out for quite some time.
ETA: spelling correction

The Season 3 DVDs are available in the US as a full set–we got ours one at a time via blockbuster online, so you could just put that disk (#3, i think) in your queue. Don’t know if netflix has them. And I haven’t seen any doctor who in the rental stores.

It was a phenomenal episode in every way.