Chicago Air and Water Show - Friday rehearsals?

I just found out that the Air & Water Show is this weekend, but I have to work both Saturday and Sunday, 8am-6pm. I once heard that there’s a rehearsal on Fridays that a lot of elderly and famous people go to, because it’s not anywhere near as crowded. My husband and I are both off tomorrow, so it’d be perfect, but we have no idea what time.

Does anyone know anything about it? Help please?

I don’t know about exact time for rehearsals, but I’m at work downtown right now and all day we’ve been having our windows rattled by planes. They’re definitely practicing today, and probably will be tomorrow.

Yeah, my office looks over the lake, and I’ve been seeing them all day.
The Blue Angels are definitely cool!

I am not aware of them doing a full rehearsal - just plenty of fly-overs the Thursday and Friday.

We live in Albany Park and one of the approaches to O’Hare is right overhead. I guess they come in and out of O’Hare, because I was reminded about the A&WS when I kept hearing the planes fly over the house.

I just found this (old) press release for this year’s show. I’ll be looking for more info but this already tells me we’re not going to make it.

Tomorrow’s my birthday and we have 5:00 reservations at a Brazilian steakhouse. If the Blue Angels, what I really want to see, actually do “kick off” the festivities at 3 then we could probably make it, but there goes our pre-dinner movie. Also, since we won’t have time to go home and change, we’d have to go to the beach in our nice restaurant clothes. Hmmm. Well, we might still do the fireworks after.

Hah, if I’d just gone to the official site, I would have seen this: