Doper picture thread - Halloween edition

Andy (moi) and Edie:

Here’s me in the costume I made! link

I am pretty pleased with this year’s Halloween effort.

My costume had built-in sound. I had wanted to include the third leg, but time (and certainly not anything like circumspection or good taste) prevented me.

My wife is not a fan, so her costume was an act of pure love. :slight_smile:

Aw, is it Halloween only? I went to Vegas the week before and have some new snaps.

Losin money

Me and a friend

Me and my husband.

And if you’ve never played this video game, you have no idea who we are. :wink:

We went to our local brewpub and a couple other bars in town. 3 or 4 people recognized us, which satisfied us. We were hoping for just one person to know who we were. One of the folks that did was dressed as Nintendo’s Mario.

Nice =)

PLEASE tell me the zombies were chasing you around.

ETA: This tickles my inner geek greatly. Thank you :stuck_out_tongue:

In Jacobean dress, c. 1620.

In armour c. 1550, Greenwich school.

Have you ever thought about starting an “Ask the Two-Dimensional Drawing” thread?

LOL.

Holy shit, you made that? Pretty crafty, you are. Do you live in or around Minneapolis? I could use a seamstress.

Thanks, MeanOldLady! No, I am way down in the Heart of Dixie. That was actually my first sewing project in about ten years, and I am very glad that photo isn’t a closeup. I made a lot of mistakes, but I had a great time making the dress. And since then I have sewn a blouse for my daughter, and I actually did a pretty good job on that.

Heh. We did buddy up with a couple of zombies for a few minutes which was fun.

Thanks! Glad you like 'em. We had fun putting them together and the fact that my husband actually grew a beard just for the costume absolutely thrilled me. :wink:

My usual tribute to my beloved authors - Dorothy Parker, Anita Loos, Zelda Fitzgerald…

Here is my costume. Ooooh, scaaaary. Levitation.

I was post-butter but pre-death Annie Brackett from the original '78 Halloween. Knee-high yellow socks were almost impossible to find, and the goddamn hair took over two and a half fucking hours. Moral of the story: if a costume seems like it would be insanely easy, it probably won’t be.

My costumethis year. I think it turned out pretty good. :slight_smile: The pic was taken at the end of the night so the smile may have been a little bit influenced.

Apparently, Jesus would get toasted. :smiley:

He would also approve of knee-high yellow socks. :wink:

I had Hester Prynne costume made but it wasn’t as comfy as I wanted it to be, so I decided instead to match my dog,Mia (in her custom Thriller jacket).

So, I became a last minute Thriller zombie. I even had on a Michael Jackson shirt!

Took two days to get all of that makeup off. Crazy.

I’d believe it. Bet it took almost that long to put on, too.