Recommend a way to drink White Dog

I picked up a bottle of Buffalo Trace’s White Dog (125-proof unaged bourbon) at the liquor store the other day because it looked interesting. It’s essentially moonshine, as I understand it.

I enjoy the flavor, but it’s a bit much to drink on the rocks the way I’d normally do bourbon. Any suggestions for interesting ways to drink it mixed?

I like whiskey sours. Cuts the bite a little bit without losing the flavor of the whiskey.

All the young corn-based liquors I’ve tasted have been more or less colorless and didn’t really taste like “normal” whiskey, more like a slightly off-tasting neutral spirit. This includes store-bought spirits (“Georgia Moon”) and actual moonshine. The best thing to do with them IMO is to either mix with sweet tea, or just do a shot and chase it with cheap beer.

But it sounds like what you have is a bit more palatable, in which case an old fashioned might be a good choice without losing the character of the spirit. Crush up a sugar cube with a dash of bitters, add ice and garnish with a twist and some cherries. You can add soda water to cut the high-proof booze if you like. As mentioned above a whiskey sour would probably be good too, especially if you make it from scratch (no mix).