Kroger Coffee

I’ve been drinking it at work because it is inexpensive, and have come to like it better than the Folger’s Black Silk we drink at home.
I took some home for when Mrs. Plant isn’t drinking coffee.

I feel so cheap.

I’ve drank Kroger coffee for years. Its good coffee. I alternate brands at home. Either plain Folgers, Krogers brand or Maxwell House.

She insists on trying it tomorrow morning, so if I don’t post any more, y’all know why.

:slight_smile:

It’s good–I buy it regularly.

Hello? Is anybody there?

I’m still in the land of the living, but she isn’t drinking it ever again.

:slight_smile:

Hmm. My wife is the coffee drinker in our house (I drink mostly tea), but I do the shopping. At Kroger. Maybe I shouldn’t succumb to the temptation to save a few cents by switching from the Folgers that she drinks. Our couch isn’t that comfortable.

I am Carnivorousplant, and I endorse this post.

I usually shop at Wal-Mart. They have a cheap brand called Master Chef. It’s something like $5.46 for 33 ounces. It’s good enough for me. I certainly can’t tell it from Folger’s. And at that price, I’m not afraid to make it strong.

That always helps.

Ow! Honey, I’m just posting on the OW! OW!

Pre-ground coffee is toxic industrial waste. They have to spray crap on it to make it shelf stable. Add to it some Coffeemate Spackling Powder, and you’re pretty much better off just doing meth with a sawdust chaser.

Of course, many of us grew up on that and/or are used to it from the office. Matters of taste, etc. I’m not a coffee snob, exactly, either. But you can use the cheapest beans you can find, grind them right before brewing and have a 1000x better cup of joe.

ETA: I would presume that Kroger coffee comes from one of the same places Folgers/Maxwell House/etc. uses; it’s probably one of those brands put into a Kroger can.

I switched from being a mostly-cokes drinker to being a mostly-coffee drinker several years ago and started off drinking Maxwell House half-caff. I think I like the Kroger version of half-caff (aqua can) better.

Of course, Hubs would prefer I don’t drink it at all since the dr told me I wasn’t supposed to have caffiene period after my gall bladder was removed a few years ago.

If you live near a Winn-Dixie, their Astor brand of coffee’s pretty good.