Poll - What Brand of Coffee do you prefer

What brand of Coffee are you drinking?

Our default grocery store coffee is Maxwell House, sometimes I splurge on Millstone. Dunkin Donuts coffee is good, and luckily for me, people seem to be getting the idea that coffee makes a good gift around here. Seems we’ve always got some decent gift coffee to use up lately.

My employer used to serve us Starbucks, then switched to Peets.

I love Starbucks. Peets tastes like Satan’s urine.

I will drink Gavina whenever possible. Especially espresso.

I’m cheap and just like a basic cup of coffee in the morning. Wal-Mart carries a brand which is called Master Chef and runs for about $5.49 for a 33 oz. can. It’s good enough and I don’t see myself spending any more for coffee.

I buy Folger’s or Maxwell House when they are on sale; otherwise, I buy the generic store brand.

I blew it and voted other–my usual is Peets.

I get coffee from Costco: they carry an organic, shade grown line called San Francisco Bay. $15 for a 3lb bag, which will last me 4 or 5 months. I used to drink Folgers, but SF stuff is better and just as cheap.

http://www.amazon.com/San-Francisco-Bay-Organic-Rainforest/dp/B005RO5M1Q/ref=sr_1_14?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1342203639&sr=1-14&keywords=San+Francisco+Bay+Coffee

Where’s my Illy Option?

What, no Tim Horton’s? Are you explicitly excluding the Canadians from this thread?

I don’t drink coffee anymore (much - only if I’m at work) and iif my husband makes it at home I completely refuse to. (If I make it, I’ll drink it.)

He only goes with Hlills Brothers or Folgers - I used to buy Maxwell House if it was on sale, until he told me Blue is BAD! :rolleyes: So now I just get Folgers or Hills Brothers.

I tried Starbuck’s Veranda Blend for the Kuerig and I can’t go back to anything else.

At home I brew 100% Molokai from Maui Coffee Co., or a chocolate or vanilla macadamia nut blend.

I generally go with Trader Joe. They have decent pricing, good selection, and several fair trade blends.

Yuban when I can find it on sale. Folgers is my second choice.

Melitta. Regular old fine grind.

Trader Joe’s Low Acid French Roast.

The members of my coffee co-op generally bring in coffee from TJ’s, Whole Foods, or Costco.

I find “grocery store brands” like Folgers/Maxwell house a) indistinguishable, and b) sour and tasteless at the same time. If I’m pressed to buy coffee in the grocery store, I’ll buy Latino brands which are ok to pretty good, especially for the price (Cafe Bustelo, Cafe Caribe, Cafe Pilon, etc).

Locally roasted espresso bean. I grind it myself. As an alternative, we picked up some pinon coffee at the Costco in Albuquerque. It’s a great desert coffee or for iced. It has an almost vanilla-like flavor to it.

I buy store brand Colombian. Call me a cretin; I can’t tell the difference between it and Maxwell House or whatever.

You’re obviously not from New England if you left Dunkin Donuts off your list.

My *preferred *brand is Dilworth Coffee’s Sumatran Dark Roast (local), but it’s a little pricey for me to be able to get all the time. A couple of weeks ago, I was visiting friends in Carrboro and picked up a bag of some fair-trade dark roast that I would love to be able to afford to buy regularly, but which, to paraphrase Ron White, is the kind of stuff people drink who die penniless.

I usually *buy *Eight O’Clock, which at my local grocery store means buying in the French Roast and the 100% Colombian and mixing together. If I’m near an Ingle’s, I’ve been known to stop in just to buy a few bags of their dark roast, which I only seem to be able to find there.

I also buy beans and grind them at home.