Poll - What Brand of Coffee do you prefer

I get whatever the flavor of the month happens to be at Costco. They all seem pretty good.

I’m from Georgia, Dunkin’ Donuts is the best values in coffee by a long shot. 100% arabica beans and tastes like it. Buy it by the pound at Dunkin Donut shops and it’s quite reasonable … around ten bucks … but we ARE talking 16 ounces here, not those 12 ounce bags they sell i nte grocery stores.

I buy whole bean and grind my own. I am presently working thru a bag of Peets Columbian, but I also buy bags of Starbucks and from Trader Joes. I did try a 3 lb bag from Costco once, but it lasted me a long LONG while and I kinda got tired of it. I am the only one in my home that drinks coffee, so it only gets used one cup at a time, only a few days a week. I rejoice when I can make a pot of fresh ground coffee to share with someone, but that is a rarity.

Oh, and I never drink the coffee at work - no matter what brand it being used (Seattle’s Best at present); it does taste like Satan’s urine when made in one of those catering coffee pots at work.

Home roaster. Currently enjoying some Yemen Mokha Harasi.

We have Peets delivered on a regular basis. We recently had to up our standing order because **LedZepKid **is a cool teenager now and he’s started drinking it too.

The local donut shop serves Mokarabia, and it’s great coffee. I don’t know where they get it, because Mokarabia doesn’t seem to have a US presence.

I prefer 3 Moon Peru from Larry’s Beans, which is a local roaster. It’s pretty pricey, though, so I’m usually drinking Joe from Trader Joe’s.

I voted for Starbucks, which we use at home, but here is a minor shout out for Seattle’s Best. We have that at work now, and, while not as good as Starbucks, it is far superior to the no-name blend of gerbil droppings they had before.

No one yet fessing up to drinking Kopi Luwakon a regular basis? Not sure if Starbucks or Peets keeps it in stock, tho, and pretty sure Dunkin does not, either.

Equal Exchange Organic French Roast, whole bean

I will buy Peet’s French Roast in a pinch, but I’ve been drinking the EE coffee for so long nothing else tastes right.

Usually go with any of several local college-town-main-street cafe whole bean options. Sometimes go with the town’s co-op (rich-hippie grocery store) bulk whole bean. Once or twice a year, try some Starbuck’s whole bean.

Kicking Horse (Vancouver)

• mostly Three Sisters (medium roast)

The last I bought was from the wife’s family farm, straight from the genuine Colombian source. Took it to town and had it roasted before bringing it back to give to mom.

I don’t actually drink the stuff. Neither does the wife. It’s too expensive for her and I don’t care for it.

I’ve thought about helping her to market it but know nothing about what makes for good coffee. Could stick a Mi familia label on it and sell it via EBay or something? Sell it as fair trade and put a label on the bag with a pic and paragraph bio about the actual family that grew the beans.

I’ll beta test it for you…

Peets and Other, “Other” being Trader Joes whole beans. I don’t know what variety off-hand (and can’t be bothered to walk 20 feet and look. What a lazy-ass!).

Used to like really Starbucks, but after moving to Michigan, after they came out here, they aren’t as good. The beans aren’t as fresh. The Trader Joes beans are fresh and oily, like Starbucks used to be. Maybe they still are back in California, but here, they just aren’t that fresh, so what’s the point?

Local roasted blends from St Ali, Proud Mary or Industry (Penny Farthing Espresso). We’ve recently bought a Gaggia and Breville Smartgrinder and are a little coffee obsessed right now!

I buy the Kroger Kona blend whole bean coffee. I also buy Seattle’s Best or Starbucks if one of them is on sale.

I was in an Ethiopian restaurant a few months back and they served traditional Ethiopian coffee. They roasted the beans there, and they carried the pot of roasting beans around the restaurant. Which I wish they hadn’t, because it absolutely reeked. Like microwave popcorn that had been put in 40 minutes instead of 4.

The coffee, though, was exceptional. So I’m a little jealous of those who can roast their own.

Local stuff: Peace Coffee and Steep & Brew for flavored coffee. Traders Joes and Aldis when I get there. Always whole bean. I love coffee.

At work I drink Starbucks. At home I buy Dunkin Donuts coffee in bags at the supermarket. (They don’t have any actual Dunkin Donuts stores around here.)