Just got laid off.

Anyone need a good IT guy?

I’m sorry to hear that.

May you find work soon. Being that you’re a good IT guy, that should happen.

This was a dream job. :frowning:

Then I’m really sorry to hear it.

But after 15 months of being laid off, I got the best job I’ve ever had. Highest paying, too. (That was 10 years ago.)

I’m very sorry you got laid off. “A good IT guy” is kind of vague. What do you know how to do?

Once I get my resume updated, I can PM it to you if your’e interested.

I should add that, if at all possible, I need something in the Philly area, or possibly telecommuting. I have family obligations and issues.

I can do programming, website programming and support, customer support. I can get a list together from my resume and post it.

Would you be at all interested in temp work? It’s usually long term - and I work for one of the biggest IT placement firms around. They have a Philly location. I can PM you the details if you’d like.

I’m sorry t hear your news - but at least you’re in a profession that should allow you to find a position pretty quickly. Good luck.

Sorry to hear this.

I’m sure you’re being overwhelmed with advice both online and in real life, but be sure to file for unemployment as soon as humanly possible. They usually have some bit of waiting period before you can start getting benefits and you don’t want to waste a minute.

And get your resume online. I don’t know what the good sites are these days, but 10 years ago Monster was pretty useless. Once I posted on Dice, offers started rolling in.

Sorry to hear that. I hope you find a much better dream job soon.

Absolutely. I just updated my resume. I’ll PM you.

Okay, here’s the resume description for my current (for 2 more weeks) position. This is just my last position. I have a lot of years of other experience, mostly programming. I can send a resume to anyone who’s serious but I obviously don’t want to post the whole thing here publicly.

07/2010 to present
Website Maintenance using PHP and MySQL.

Supported 270 users at locations nationwide. This included:

Configuring and maintaining hundreds of laptop, desktop, and pad computers, including inventory, shipping, and repairs; Including installing Kaspersky Antivirus software, MozyPro backup software, and configuring Outlook for company email. Fixing various computer problems, both in the corporate office and at other locations. For other locations I used either GoToAssist or CoPilot to access the computers remotely.

Training users in the use of computers and software, both in person and remotely.

Maintaining and supporting conference room computers and displays for various uses such as presentations, Webinars, and Skype conferences.

Supporting company cellphones, including BlackBerrys, iPhones, and Samsung Androids. This included ordering phones, interfacing with Verizon, configuring phones for company email, and handling requests for repairs and replacements.

Creating and maintaining company email accounts.

Creating and maintaining SharePoint accounts.

Configuring and Maintaining Mitel 5324 and 5340 IP phones.

Simple maintence of various printers, including HP LaserJet P2035, XEROX ColorQube 9201, and Ricoh Aficio MP C4500.

Maintaining network and internet connections and investigating and remedying internet outages.

Anything else around the office involving computers or telephones.

My company also has a Philly location. PM me too. I’ll see there’s a possibility there for you.

My company has a Philly-area branch, and we’re currently looking for a .NET developer for Web-based products. If you think it is a good fit, PM me.

Sorry to hear it but good IT guys are laid off all over.

I am glad we have IT people around since I haven’t a clue what 90% of this is. :eek:

Good luck on the job search.

That’s a pretty standard pc support /general IT guy type position. I’d think that if that’s what you do or want to do, I’d put more about setting up / interacting with AD domains, etc… than about working on the actual PCs themselves.

Seriously though; the programming side of your resume is almost certainly going to be more lucrative than this PC support stuff. I’d figure out how to sex that up and put it out front and center, unless your experience is in old and obscure languages and/or methodologies.

davidm -

Feel free to PM me for email, and send me a resume.

I’m in Chicago, but I know a couple of people in Philadelphia.

And all it costs you is one email.