What TV show was this

This was probably an 80s TV show. A woman was somewhere (probably prison) and wanted to escape. I think she was white, and there was a prison employee (male) who was black. She talked him into letting her hide in one of the caskets, then after a bit the prison employee would dig her up. She ends up getting buried, and out of curiosity lights a match to see who she has been buried with. She finds out the other person in the casket was the prison employee who was supposed to dig her up. The next scene is of the graveyard with the sound of her screaming.

Any idea what show/episode that was? It ‘sounds’ like tales from the darkside or the 80s twilight zone, but could be something else.

Alfred Hitchcock Presents - Final Escape

I’ve always liked that episode.

Thanks

That’s my absolute favorite episode. When my brother and I were little and it aired and it got to the end my brother and I turned to each other and screamed.

Another great one (this might have been Amazing Stories) was when this guy’s wife got raped and they spent the day at the hospital and the police station and they’re driving home exhausted and upset. Suddenly the wife blurts out: “That’s him! That’s the guy!” and the husband jumps out of the car, chases him down an alley and beats him to death. He gets back in the car and starts to drive away and the wife looks up and goes “That’s him!” then turns and points to another guy and shouts “That’s him!” Scary stuff.

That was another episode of Alfred Hitchcock Presents produced after his death.

Not quite. It’s season 1 episode 1: "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" Revenge (TV Episode 1955) - IMDb

Edit: Oh, the New Alfred Hitchcock Presents did a remake it seems: "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" Revenge (TV Episode 1985) - IMDb

Wow. Good call. I would have sworn that story was a Tales From The Crypt episode. I guess not.

I’d love to see shows like that again. None of this long, drawn out overly complicated plots that only make sense if you see the episodes in order. Imagine an ensemble cast where one week an actor may play a gay hero and the next a straight villain. It’d be fun and a great way for new writers to break into TV.

Yeah, and enough with the reality shows already!

It was used as an EC story (illustrated by Johnny Craig), allegedly cribbed from an old radio drama. I looked for confirmation of that (I think I first read it in an old Squa Tront or something), but couldn’t find it. If you can, please let me know.