Who's the biggest jerk on Big Bang Theory?

To be clear, I love this show. But all the characters (even Bernadette) have been jerks sometimes. That’s ok - that’s like real life, and has made for some very funny episodes. (Additionally most of the characters have done nice things & have aspects to their characters too). But who is the worst? I think Raj is. He is misogynistic & shallow, even when he wants people to feel sorry for him because he is lonely. So I vote for Raj in my poll here.

[on a related note, I was served at two different restaurants last week by guys who sounded just like Kripke. seriously]

Yeah Raj has turned into a bit of a douche, but I think lately Sheldon has swung the pendulum from “Asperger’s-like cluelessness” to “on purpose jerkishness.”

Leonard. The answer is and always will be Leonard. Total douche.

This is assuming we aren’t counting guest stars. Then it would be Early Evil Wil Wheaton.

I’m not an expert on the show, but of the episodes I’ve seen, Sheldon was easily the biggest asshole.

Kripke & Sheldon. Everyone else at least tries.

Bah. Whiny, clingy and with an annoying inferiority complex mixed with an unfortunate tendency towards nerdy pedantry to cover it. So a little douchey. But at the end of the day he tries to be a nice guy.

Sheldon is borderline autistic. He sort of can’t help being a neurotic asshole, but he usually tries to observe proper social convention. By far the most outwardly annoying, but his jerkishness is mostly not conscious. Mostly - his egotism can’t be entirely hand-waved away.

Early Howard might win, but he has improved his character a tad. Bernadette just doesn’t take any shit. Penny is not the nicest person, but also not the meanest. Amy is also good-hearted for the most part.

Raj wins easily. It’s camouflaged by his neurotic shyness, but lower his inhibitions and he is usually an asshole.

Howard’s mom?

Seconded.

Sheldon is, by far, the biggest jerk.

This gets my vote, too, fueled by his massive superiority complex. His ignorance of social conventions isn’t excusable, since they’re all easily observable. He’s just far too self-absorbed to think they apply to him in the first place. Easily the most consistently inconsiderate of the episodes I’ve seen.

Drunk Sheldon

Or Evil Wil Wheaton.

Levar Burton

Sheldon. The others at least try to be good friends to each other. Sheldon doesn’t give a fuck about anyone but Sheldon.

Among the main cast it’s definatly Raj. If we include all the recurring characters it’s Dr Beverly Hofstadter. Except “jerk” needs to be spelled with a T. And an N. And a U. And I think you can all guess what the next letter will be.

Raj has major flaws, but I can’t see how he approaches the depths of entitlement, condescension, and general douche-baggery of Sheldon. If nothing else, teh fact that Sheldon doesn’t acknowledge that the fact that he relies on his friends for rides everywhere means that he has to be subject to their schedules makes him hugely unlikeable. I only laugh AT that jackass, not with him.

S?

wooosh

Seconding Leonard’s Mom as biggest jerk. Of the usual crew I’d have to say Pre-Bernadette Howard, followed by Raj.

But isn’t it our inhibitions that keep us from being assholes? I’m not sure I can write him off totally if he’s only an asshole when drunk. Now if he knows he’s an asshole when drunk and then deliberately decides to go along with that because it beats not being able to talk to women, then he’s being an asshole.

The question is, does he know that he’ll be an asshole when he drinks? Or does he just percieve it as being a bit to blunt (which fits in with the way the guys treat each other)? I haven’t seen enough recent episodes to know if he’s been doing that.

Are you just saying this to provoke a reaction, because I cannot imagine how one could even begin to justify it in terms of how the characters are portrayed in the show. I can understand how someone might find Leonard’s character annoying (although I don’t really see how one could find him seriously annoying without thoroughly disliking the show as a whole, which is another matter), but a douche or jerk? No way. Leonard is consistently portrayed as a good guy: not perfect, but fundamentally and thoroughly decent.

Yes, this. But, of course, Sheldon is totally oblivious to his effect on others, and to other people’s feelings and interests. Kripke, by contrast, seems to revel in being a jerk. (But, of course, he is a very minor, occasional character.)

I think Raj’s occasional outbursts of douchiness stand out (and are comical) because they contrast so strongly with his usual insecure sweetness. I don’t think it is fair to conclude that they represent the “real” Raj. My prediction is that by the end of the series Raj will be largely “cured” of his neuroses, and will turn out a reasonably decent and normal guy (and, very possibly, will turn out to be gay, though I hope not).

By contrast, Sheldon and Kripke behave like jerks pretty much all the time, and Howard is a creep pretty much all the time. They are not going to be cured. Although his relationship with Bernadette has turned down the volume on Howard’s creepiness quite a bit, it has by no means gone away.

I don’t watch the show and only see bits of it here and there.
But to me it kind of looks like the blonde girl is the biggest jerk for reminding the guys they are weirdies for being smart and liking the things they like.