Creationist Science Test from 4th Grade Science Class

I question the provenance.

I like how the teacher helpfully labeled the grade, in case the students were confused.

It’s possible the teacher is teaching multiple science grades and labeled the test for organizational reasons. I don’t know that I’d buy that explanation, though.

Not a public school, is it?

I doubt it, if it’s real. I hope it’s not.

No teacher I know heads a quiz with information like that. It looks either: professionally produced or photoshopped. In any case, a fake.

Not a creationism fan by any means but it screams fakey, fake.

Nice super generic title

“4th GRADE SCIENCE QUIZ”

Seriously?
Thanks for the tip because it would be real confusing if it said something more expected like “Module 4 - Section 3” or similar.

Yeah. Fake.

If it’s a private school run by people dumb enough to believe that stuff I can believe they couldn’t think of a better title for the test. Fake most likely, but maybe some homeschool thing also.

Anyway, if it’s a fake I applaud the creator for creativity. If it’s real I applaud the creator for their belief in the creator and their ability to harm children and rob them of a chance to live in a house without wheels.

:confused: Dinosaurs lived with people. True that should be False

The age of dinos was well before man. Unless you’re Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble.

Theres no reason a creationist would dispute that. Genesis doesn’t mention dinosaurs.

Uh, no. You must have missed a day at school. We were all created on the 6th day. Even the fourth grader knew that.

Google the Creationist Museum. Marvel at the…I don’t know the word for it.

When I was little I remember my religious nut aunt saying that dinosaur fossils were placed there by God to test our faith, or else by scientists to trick us…something like that. Now they seem to have changed it to say that dinosaurs did exist, but at the same time as humans.

Welllllll… According to Creationists, the behemoth and leviathan as examples of dinosaurs referenced in the bible. I don’t know if these creatures are mentioned in Genesis.

There are Creationists who don’t take the word “day” in Genesis 1 literally, even though the author goes out of his way to make it clear that he means a 24-hour day, e.g., “And the evening and the morning were the second day.” They say a “day” could be a period of millions of years, which gives time for the rise and fall of dinosaurs before the creation of humans.

But there are so-called Young-Earth Creationists who do take Genesis 1 (and subsequent chapters) literally, so they believe that the earth and all life was created in the same six-day period. And since Genesis gives the ages of the patriarchs at the time the next link in the lineage was born, they can add them up from Adam down to a time we can date (approximately) by extra-Biblical methods, and they come up with an age for the earth of 6 to 10 thousand years.

Personally, I think the second group has more integrity. The first group IMO is trying not to look ignorant of science, but they succeed only in compromising their faith.

Job 40:15-24

“Creationist science” is an oxymoron.

(I almost typed “cretinist science.”)

You haven’t heard about the Jesus horse?:eek:

You missed an A+, should not have second guessed yourself.:slight_smile:

Note: everything I say here is based on an English translation

I’m not at all sure how you can take the word “day” in Genesis to mean a literal 24 hour period. Each day is described as an “evening” and a “morning”, but since the sun wasn’t created until the fourth day, these “days” don’t seem to be what we think of as days.

This doesn’t help with the dinosaur issue, of course, because land creatures weren’t produced until the sixth day – after the sun.

Pterosaurs and plesiosaurs were created on the fifth day I presume along with the other winged and sea creatures

I teach 4th grade science. The only chance that could be a real test is if it was for a very small fundamentalist christian school. Though it’s a sad fact there are certainly adults in this country who would give the same answers on that quiz, there’s no way it could come from a public school.