Is anybody else digging "Vice"? (A new investigative series on HBO.)

Here
Basically, a series about investigative reporters who happen to have balls the size of cantaloupes who report on things about how fucked up stuff is over seas.
I’m really enjoying this show so far. I hope they get signed up for another season.

We watched last night and thought it was great. The one guy with the beard did a remarkable job of asking pointed questions in the most offhand way possible, though I would have liked to see him push the Nationalist lady a little harder.

On a side note, it was funny to see Kenneth Rogoff, the recently debunked patron saint of austerity, opining on the European dilemma.

sounds good. i’ll check it out. thanks.

I follow their website.

Are these the idiots who went to North Korea and proceeded to get drunk and act like jackasses?

Well, they’ve been to North Korea, but that is not the main impression I got from their video series. They did drink with their “guides”, though.

They also visited Liberia and even visited N. Korean workcamps up in southeastern Russia.

I just watched the one with political assassinations in the Phillipines and kid suicide bombers. Holy crap that was disturbing.

Here is Shane going to Russia to interview N. Koreans living there in work camps. It’s a great series and worth watching the whole thing.

Define “drunk” and “jackass” please

And now we’ve watched the people being smuggled out of N Korea, and the current state of the Kashmiri conflict. Great Scott the world is fucked up.

Great show!

I love this show. I am in awe of the reckless positions they put themselves in, and the stories are fascinating.

great show, part of my uncomfortableness with the show is in part due to how uncomfortable they must be putting themselves in view of some serious jacked up knuckleheads with bad intentions.

Well said. Thanks.

Yeah, I’ve been watching the web episodes for years. They deserve some real tv viewing.

Check out the Liberia film. I think it was mentioned on this board at the time.

Times a million.

Watch the Liberia episode now and your jaw will drop. Cancel your evening plans and watch it.

Oh my God. I’m re-watching that Liberia episode and seriously, you have to stop now an watch it. It needs to re-air as a HBO episode. One of the best 45 minutes of documentary TV I’ve seen.

By the way, am I the only one who remembers Vice’s first show on MTV a few years ago? I haven’t seen them since they aired, but this is not the first time Vice has existed on tv.

Vice guide to Everything

The Vice episode where Rodman goes to N. Korea airs June 14.Apparently, they did not realize they would meet Kim Jong Un until it happened.

Anyone catch the one with ghost cities in China? I’m wondering if I can move there and telecommute from Versailles.

I’ve seen some of the Vice documentaries online at their website. Fascinating stuff! I really liked the visit to North Korea (probably their first visit–they visit the tea room, see the DMZ from the north side, visit the mass games, and yes, sing karaoke with their guide). I’ll look forward to seeing the Rodman episode.