I'm sick of this Global Warming!

Atlanta breaks a century-old temperature record

ATLANTA (CBS ATLANTA) -

Atlanta’s high temperature on Thursday was only 73 degrees which is the coolest high temperature on record for August 15.

The previous record was a high of only 77 degrees from 1908.

The average high temperature for this time of year is 88 degrees, putting Thursday’s high 15 degrees below average.

yeah, but at least we still got Climate Change.

1. I just bought a house with a pool, and so far I’ve only had a handful of days of swimming- mostly, it’s just been too cold this year.

2. Man, it sure was record-breakingly hot last year, wasn’t it?

“Global Warming” is SO last year…its now “Climate Change”. Climate change covers everything-warm summers, cool winters, warm winters, cool summers, oceans heating up, oceans cooling down! Don’t confuse CC with science-its actually a cult religion.

Some places. Other places, last year, lots of record lows. I follow these things.

Last June had a lot of record cold events.

Queen Creek, Arizona Weather Forecast | AerisWeather,

Now isn’t that cold.

Queen Creek, Arizona Weather Forecast | AerisWeather,

But still, DAMN YOU GLOBAL WARMING!

You didn’t hear yet? It’s now called “Carbon Pollution”. Not global warming. Not climate change. Not climate disruption. Not freaky weather.
“Carbon Pollution”

Now please open your wallet.

Crazy, innit? It’s like something has happened to the global climate.

Huh. I didn’t realize we measured the average global temperature in Atlanta. Learn something new every day I guess…

:stuck_out_tongue:

That thing we have been doing since 1973, I don’t think it is working.

It’s taking longer than we thought.

Moved to the BBQ Pit (from MPSIMS) so the OP can rant in peace.

A decade or two ago, lots of people were getting very hot-and-bothered about the hole in the ozone layer. What happened to that? Now, global warming and climate change, are the environmental worries “du jour”. Not to say that there are not potentially damaging things happening to the planet; but it’s hard not to feel, that many people have a great need to find something to be desperately worried about.

Centuries ago, a large section of the population were worried that they would in the end displease their God, and be sent to eternal torment. One wonders a bit – for the majority of people, that issue is now out of the picture – do folk who are “that way inclined”, need to find some replacement doomful thing to worry about, instead?

What is all this shit about Global Forming? I mean, what the fuck is Global Forming anyway?

We got our act together and stopped sending shit into the atmosphere that destroyed the ozone layer.

Very interdasting, OP, veeery interdasting.

…much, much longer than we thought.

It’s kind of rare that so much ignorance can be packed into one post. Usually the writer gets so much drool on their keyboard that they’re prevented from finishing their post. We have a complete ignorance of the Montreal Protocol (hint: it has nothing to do with the Elders of Zion), a pair of inappropriately used scare quotes (they serve to highlight a profound ignorance of how long the issue has been at hand), and a brutal skullfuck of logic by mixing religious fantasy with current science.

Unless, of course, your aim was to mock the malignantly ignorant, then job well done.

Rare summer snowfall in Xinjiang

China’s Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region witnessed a rare display of summer snowfall on Tuesday as a powerful cold air front moved into the area.

Cue the William Tell Overture, folks, it’s a Gish Gallop!

The concern was well-founded (based in good science), and led to major international action to address it.