What is the Worst Ending for a Classmate That You're Aware of?

Today while putzing around on line, I ran across the last name Bivins, and a boy I went to grade school & high school, Jerry Bivins, popped into my mind. I hadn’t thought about him in years; he was always in trouble, dropped out of high school, etc. The only real interaction with him I remember was in the first grade, he & some other boys were playing tag and I wanted to play, too. Jerry told me to play, you had to tag the other players on the balls.

I was in the first grade and had no idea what ‘the balls’ were.

So anyway… I googled his name with our hometown, and was not surprised to find that he had been in and out of jail. I was, however surprised to find out that he had murdered a pastor and was executed by lethal injection in 2001! HOW did I not hear about this??

So, what’s the worst story of a classmate you’ve heard of?

The kid I sat next to in Driver’s Ed, who slept through train safety day, was killed by a train while driving a car about a year later. No joke.

One of my classmates died in a car accident our senior year, but that may not be what you are looking for.

One of my other classmates ended up having a baby just after her junior year of high school. Anyway, she kept and raised the child, but lost him repeatedly to social services. She had no insurance, got a dental infection, and ended up having most of her top teeth(and maybe bottom) rot holes in them and fall out. She had no means to fix them.

She ended up winning “Ms. Pumpkin Face” on a radio show. While a mean concept, they paid for her to have 100% complete dental implant surgery on her mouth and she got a nice set of teeth.

Still, sounds like things were rough. She posted on Facebook for awhile about her kid being removed from her home and how she needed help. She stopped posting awhile back.

A kid in my graduating class, although I didn’t know him, died in a skydiving accident.

One of my classmates died from a drug overdoes months after being expelled. Two other classmates killed themselves.

Kid I sat next to & helped pass physics? Worked at Cantor Fitzgerald and died when the towers fell.

(Mike, you Magnificent Bastard, you deserved better.)

The night of my high school graduation I partied with a few of my classmates. We wound up climbing Stone Mountain in the middle of the night (it seemed like a good idea at the time).

That next week one of the boys I had climbed the mountain with – an exchange student from [del]Germany[/del] Switzerland – went home, went mountain climbing in some real mountains, fell off the mountain, and died.

Dammit.

Guy I had a major crush on for two years, and who was my partner in a scene for Speech Team that went to State our Senior year and who grew up into an apparently amazing human being…fell off the side of a mountain in Mexico in a pick up truck. There were no survivors. He was only 36. :frowning:

http://www.newportnewstimes.com/v2_news_articles.php?heading=0&story_id=28609&page=74

If you mean “came to a bad end” I don’t know anything worse than a high school classmate who was killed by a train while screwing around by the tracks that ran through our neighborhood.

A high school friend of mine was a Fire Captain who also died in the towers on 9/11.

My high-school boyfriend was at a party a few years after we graduated and went our separate ways. Some guy was leaving and spun out, tossing gravel on my ex’s car. He pulled out his gun, walked over to a friend of the guy who left and shot him point-blank in the head. He was charged with involuntary manslaughter, and to this day I don’t know how it wasn’t first degree murder. He went to prison for not quite three years.

Another class-mate of mine killed himself in Vegas after gambling away everything he had.

Debbie Moberg. She was a senior when I was a freshman. Her stepfather murdered her because she knew he’d raped her 8-year-old sister. He confessed to it and admitted that he’d dumped her body in a trash bin. Volunteers had been searching for months, but Debbie’s mother asked them to stop. She was afraid they’d be injured or get sick, excavating the landfill where her body was most likely interred.

I never knew her, though I probably saw her on campus. I remember how grimly pleased my parents were when the news announced the stepfather had been arrested, denied bail, and detained in the general population. IIRC, he didn’t last three days before confessing.

A high school classmate of mine was in London, slipped and fell off of a wet curb into some nasty water in the street. Got an infection in some cuts that resulted. Whatever it was must have been some tough germs because the infection ended up killing him.

A car accident or two (one the year after graduation) is all I know about classmates. A guy I knew in jr high but who went to another high school was one of the first 1000 AIDS victims.

But a couple I knew at about 20, a co-worker of my wife and her husband, we socialized a little… until he killed her and tried to bury her up at their cabin. That creeped us out pretty good.

ETA: Shit, how could I forget Nancy Keys? Had a crush on her in jr high, she and her sister were killed in the Farrell’s ice cream parlor air crash.

A guy who had lived down the street from me was killed in a car accident ten years ago – he had been a year behind me in school.

My best friend in high school’s older brother was an epileptic. A few years ago he had a seizure that ended up being fatal.

Ron C., high school football player and “gentle giant”, got killed when the car he was working on fell on him, not too long ago.

I learned that a junior- and senior-high classmate, who had always been a bit of an automobile buff, died in a horrific accident in which his car had been airborne.

A girl I had English with in 11th grade fell out of a truck that year and died of head injuries.

Brother of classmate I had from K thru 12 was shot dead by a mugger.

Classmate a year ahead of me in high school died in the Towers on 9/11.

Not a classmate but a totally nice sweet guy I worked with just after graduation. Ten years or so later he got into a feud with a bad neighbor who one day knocked on his front door and when he answered shot him in the face. Everyone figured who did it but there was no physical evidence (couldn’t find the gun) so the bastard went free.

Tiny High School class. I know of one guy who’s dead from a motorcycle crash. One guy went from Airline pilot to lawn care (bad heart). I ran into a gal recently who looks 70 and sounds 80 (smoker) and still as dip-shitty as she was in back then. But the sadist of all is the guy stuck in a livi

A guy a year ahead of me in school, and a neighbourhood friend, was beaten to death with baseball bats after a drug deal went sideways. He survived in intensive care for about a week before succumbing to his injuries.

He was somewhat special. His dad was a staff sergeant on the police force and was the safety officer who visited schools to give warnings to kids about traffic safety. So I knew his father for years. And his mum was a high school lunch lady, so I knew her too.

Also, his parents were Scottish immigrants as were mine.

We played competitive softball together on the same team.

Sometime in high school he turned into a bully. I was “in” with him and didn’t worry, but he coerced lunch money from other kids and just got on a bad path in life. He was about maybe about 40 years old when he was beaten to death. It honestly didn’t surprise me knowing how he was at the end of high school.