Now THAT is a disturbing commercial!

Holy hell, I just saw a new Levi’s Jeans commercial… it depicts close-up shots of the bellies of numerous young women. They’re wearing short shirts (so that their tummies are visible), and, apparently, their navels are singing.

What?!?

THEIR NAVELS ARE SINGING?!?!?

Jeez… what coked-up whacked-in-the-head advertisement exec thought that this would be a good idea? Were they having a “friends get lobotomies free” day at the hospital?

::sigh::

And I thought that damned Dodge “D-I-F-F-E-R-E-N-T” commercial was obnoxious… emphasis on “noxious”…

This from someone with a quote from talking underwear gnomes? :slight_smile:

Yeah, SPOOFE, that’s pretty damned disturbing. Of course, to me the most disturbing commercials are those ones from that financial planning company, like gramma and grampa traveling IN their luggage because they can’t afford to fly to visit the grandkids. Or the one where the guy is dead, but his wife keeps him at the office and just changes his shirt every day because they need his salary. ::shudder::

Here ya go, SPOOFE.

I’m so glad I’m not subjected to the horrors of American TV :wink:

Fran

Yes!! I saw this [Levi commerical] last week sometime and was highly disturbed by it!

It was kind of a horrid fascination though, I couldn’t look away from all those belly buttons singing. I haven’t seen the commercial again, for which I’m glad.

:: shudders delicately ::

The most disturbing thing for me was the song of choice for that commercial. “I’m coming out?” I was laying there with my eyes closed, trying to catch a nap, and it came on. I thought it was an ad for the Gay and Lesbian Alliance until I opened my eyes.

Ergh, that one creeps me out too. I rarely screech at Mr. Cranky to come running to see something on TV, but I did for that ad.

But you know the other one that makes me feel oogy inside? That Diet Coke commercial where the guy is folding his wife’s flowered cotton panties and talking about how comforting it is to see undies like the ones he used to see in the hamper when he was little.

shudder

Ick. That singing-navel commercial is creepy.
I gotta agree with 'ya SPOOFE…what nutjob came up with this? (And then what team of even bigger nutjobs decided as a group that it was a good idea?) I can just imaginge the meeting

NutJob 1: “…you see, their pants are slung low and all you see is their belly button. And they’re singing!”

NutJob 2: “Well, if they’re singing, don’t we want to see their faces?”

NJ1: “No, no, no…the belly buttons are singing!”

NJ3: “But how can a belly button sing? Do you know any girls that can do that? Can you introduce them to me?”

Here’s the link to the commercial:

http://www.us.levi.com/sp01b/levi/feature/com/l_commercials.jsp?bmUID=993665104052

I saw that last week too. Yikes. The ones that open up really big for the high notes really grossed me out.

Does this commercial remind anyone else of Divine’s birthday party scene in “Pink Flamingos,” if ya know what I mean?

Alessan said this on that other thread. I feel it must be said here as well:

[Seinfeld]
HellOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! La-la-la!!!
[/Seinfeld]

I agree that this commercial is disturbing but what I want to know is what was their intent.

My guess is they thought it was a cute idea. But I’m sure their screening audiences mentioned the yuck factor and they all put their heads together and said, “We can’t tell if it’s cute or disgusting but either way it’s gonna get noticed!”

It is, after all, being discussed by everyone and his brother.

Just be grateful they weren’t selling Preparation H.

Geez, first vagina monologues, and now navel divas.

At least they don’t have teeth.

Ugh…I saw that the other night and was EXTREMELY grossed out. Eeeeewww!!!

I am SO relieved.

A while back someone insinuated I was “too old” :rolleyes: to understand the humor in those idiotic Old Navy commercials; thought I was missing some kind of joke here.

whew

I’m too old to even realize there was any humor in those commercials for me to miss.

When I fist saw the Levi’s commercial and heard the song ‘I’m Coming Out.’, I was afraid we were about to see a singing outie belly button. Ewwwwwww! It was like passing a car wreck; you don’t want to see anything disgusting, but you don’t want to miss anything either.

CrankyAsAnOldMan -
I totally agree with you about that Diet Coke commercial. What the hell was that about. Was he getting off about his mom, maybe a sister? Weirdness.

~t

What is disturbing, disgusting, or outgrossing about navels? I mean, about navels other than those such as mine that are a little too deep for their own good?