Where do YOU keep YOUR Hide-A-Key?

(I guess there was a thread like this that MEBuckner asked to have deleted. But I can’t imagine why. If you know people here you don’t want to learn about your key, for heaven’s sake don’t tell it.)

I got tired of my magnetic hide-a-key falling off my car going over speed bumps. So now I have a copy of the car door key with most of the head ground off (by the Ace hardware guy who made it). It’s just a 1/4" stick of metal, so it slides easily into the license plate frame, firmly tucked out of sight but easy enough to remove in an emergency.

I figure it has to be 10 times harder to spot by a thief than a big box with the words “Hide A Key” on it.

What’s your Social Security number? How about your checking account? Are you going to be home between 8 and 10 PM tomorrow night? Would you like to buy a clue?

Duh. As if I would tell you that stuff!
If you’re paranoid, post where you don’t have it. That will fool them. Fool all of them who peek out at you from behind the website curtains. :wink:

I don’t have a hide-a-key. I don’t even have a spare key. I guess this makes me kinda stupid…heh.

Forget about my first three questions. I just want you to answer the last one.

I hacksawed the oblong gripping end off a copy of my car key so now all I have is this skinny 2 inch long flat 1/4 wide bar of metal (the business end of the key) with about 1/2 sticking out after I put in the lock. **Very]/b] difficult to turn without oblong end to grip for leverage but I can just do it. I keep in my wallet as it takes up almost no room. Has saved my ass several times.

I keep my hide-a-key across the River of Diseption under the door mat of a small shack on top of the Mountain Fire and Fury, which is protected by the Invincible Dragon of Death.

If anyone goes through the trouble to get it, they can keep my crappy car.:smiley:

Like the watch in Pulp Fiction, I keep my spare key in my ass. Never needed it, butt it’s always there if I do. I’ve gone through a ton of KY stuffing it up there every morning, too, but, whoa, <shiver> it’s worth it.

Wouldn’t the KY kind of screw up the ignition if you ever did have to use it (not to mention whatever else was on the key? (Also a bit difficult to retrieve if parked on the street, especially in wintertime.)

I don’t use a hide a key, I keep my door unlocked all the time at my 221B Baker St. address. This makes it easier for my coworker Joe’s wife, who I’m having an affair with, to come and go as she pleases. However, since I traffic in narcotics, I need to keep cash and credit cards safe, so I had them in the lettuce crisper in the fridge.

I hope I’m not sharing too much. I can always email a mod and have this stricken if I think better of it later…

Point and laugh at my typo:o

Anyone know a good way to dispose of a body? I hid one about a month ago, but nearly got caught.

I have no clue where it is. I mean, it’s called a Hide-a-key! If I knew where it was, it wouldn’t be called a hide-a-key, now would it?

its right next to that plastic rock with a barcode on it…oh wait…

I own a Jeep Wrangler with a soft top, so basically anyone can just unzip the windows and get it, and the ignition isn’t exactly impossible to pick. But don’t worry, I WILL find you.

As far as the house goes, throw a brick through the damn window if you want into the house that badly. Although, be warned that this will be greeting you when you enter:
http://sasquatchsjunk.virtualave.net/avedis_sitting.jpg

I keep the key to the house in a box on the collar of my pet hell-hound Bubbles. I think he’s rabid. And he keeps eating through the chains, the fence, cars that stay parked too long…

I hear the neighbors are still looking for a cat named “Fluffy”…

I don’thave a Hide-A-Key. I don’t lose keys.

A ton of Kentucky? Ye Gods, that has to smart!

(Also makes me glad I don’t live there anymore!)

:smiley:

Well, now we know Sasquatch’s answer to the question “Boxers or briefs?”

No problem. I’ll just shove Chloe through the window ahead of me. (I’ve never met a Boxer that wasn’t enamored of another Boxer; they’ll spend the whole evening “chatting” each other up.)

I saw a hide-a-key once in the shape of a dog turd.
It was *very *realistic.

who’d think to pick that up?