Every song has a countdown leading into it, but sometimes, it gets in on the final cut. Sometimes, it even sounds good. What are the best countdowns out there? (links plz)

I Saw Her Standing There

Keep Me Hangin’ On” By Vanilla Fudge.

How about a countdown in a song?

I’m thinking of Springsteen’s Born to Run.

I would have to go with "Wooly Bully, by Sam the Sham and the Pharoahs, and Born to Run by Springsteen (although it’s in the middle of the song).

Eh…beaten to it.

We’ve done four already but now were steady and then they went:
One, two, three, four…

Led Zeppelin’s The Ocean lyric and video (4 min 42 sec).

The Most memorable one for me is in Offspring’s “Pretty Fly for a White Guy

Uno, dos, tres, cuatro, cinco, cinco, seis.

Harry Carrey doing Take Me Out To The Ballgame.

“Taxman” is my favorite, and is what I immediately thought of when I read the title of the OP.

Laverne and Shirley theme song

I don’t know if it’s the best, but it’s the only one that I can think of. It’s not technically from the recording of the song that didn’t get cut.

Greatest ever. It’s a wash of noise, and then a shouted countdown into the last verse.

“One, two, a-one two three”
-the Allman Brothers Band, Statesboro Blues

Humble Pie- Thirty Days in the Hole

Not really a countdown perse, just the band and the backup harmonizing and working it out.

“Hello, It’s Me” from Todd Rundgren’s Something?Anything. Couldn’t find a clip that didn’t cut the intro off.

“Sister Golden Hair” by America. Best count out (that is, at the end of the song) ever.

Falco- Der Kommissar

“Two, three, Four, Eins, Zwei, Drei… Na, es is nix dabei.”

Yeah, this.

(from memory)

“Wait a minute fellas, I need…I need just a second here. … Well, I’ve got the words anyway. A one, a two, a one, two, three.”

To answer my own question: I’ve always liked the count-in for Waitin’ on the World to Change.
1…2…1, 2, 3, 4

Can I have a little more?
Five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten
I love you!

Desaparacedos - Manana

An urgent countdown, then an explosion of sound! So good.