1 gurkha, 40 bandits, no problem

This guy has a big, brass pair.

I just have to share this. Forty bandits trying to rob a train in India were chased off by a single knife-wielding gurkha, who killed three and wounded eight while fighting in the aisles of the passenger cars. The gurkha was protecting a young girl from rape. All India has been celebrating this guy for months.

Looks like there’s some justice in this world after all.

Damn, I feel good today.

Jai Mahakali, Ayo Gorkhali!

Get some, Bishnu!

Four Words:

Kick Ass.

Awesome. Someone should tell Joanna Lumley.

Damn.

:cool:

One to forty? He had them outnumbered. “Don’t fuck with a Gurkha” is right there in the manual, next to the bit about a land war in Asia.

When are we going to get a sweet Hollywood action movie about Ghurkas??? They could be the new Pirates of the Caribbean!

“That’s not a knife…THAT’S a knife.”

The kukri/khukuri is ideal for close-quarters melee. Looks like at least some of the bandits in question brought guns to a knife fight!

How did he fit down the aisle with balls that big?

Damn.

It must have looked like a scene from Wipeout.

Great story!

http://www.myrepublica.com/portal/index.php?action=news_details&news_id=27100

http://www.logiccool.com/img/upload/bishnu-shrestha-nepali-gorkha-who-subdued-40-train-robbers.jpg

“Fighting the enemy in battle is my duty as a soldier; taking on the dacoits in the train was my duty as a human being.”

Very badass.

My son would say “total Chuck Norris”

Reminds me of the legend of the Texas Ranger who was sent to quell a disturbance. When he arrived at his destination and was asked “Only one Ranger?”, he replied “Well, as I heard it, you’ve only got one riot.”

From this linked article:

If there’s any justice, that seat will be retired like a sports great’s number, and equipped with an explanatory plaque. Of course, Shrestha will be welcome to sit in it if he ever boards that train again…

Pffft ! Chuck Norris wants to be a gurkha when he’ll be all grown up.

Take on a gurkha and you’ll find yourself in a pickle! Nyuk-nyuk-nyuk!

Best line in the story.

LOL! You win the thread!

I’m reminded of a quote by one Lieutenant General Chesty Puller, USMC:
“We’re surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them.”:smiley:

nods One train robbing gang, one gurkha.