10,000 post party! Woo hoo!

Kewl! I didn’t even know Godiva Chocolates were distributed in ballotins. (Hogshead barrels, maybe, but ballotins?)

Congrats on the really seriously high post count tracer. I think you need a hobby, go out and watch Shallow Hal or something :smiley: Now where is that cake?

Did someone request a drum-roll?

No?

Alright.

Hey, I was promised cake. I think d12 took it all. grumble grumble
How bout’ a tracer story, cause you know, this is a party.
When I first came here long ago, I knew no one. Sure I had lurked, but I never connected. So eventually I started this great debates thread. Oh it was a solemn topic, I was new and unwise in the ways of the SDMB. But then tracer shows up. I don’t even remember what was said. All I can remeber was that some guy with 8000 posts, shows up in my little topic. And I was just wowed. This guy with the huge post count still has time to come down and socialize with the lesser posters. It really touched me. In the good way, not the Micheal Jackson in the back alley way. And don’t worry, you can still beat handy to 20,000!
Lets have a toast to tracer! Mmmm toast… No wait, cake! Mmm cake…

Congrats, tracer! You are an inspiration to the rest of us! I now have a goal in life! 20 posts, here I come! Weeeeee! (and one more ! just for fun!)

Hang on, I’m catching up!

Getting closer, closer

Oh screw it, I give up.

congrats! I’ve always enjoyed your psots.
Heres to 10,000 more!

Aw, shucks. :o

Ooh! I think I found the thread you’re talking about:
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=117744

Knowing me, I probably posted to that thread because it was a refreshing change from all the other GD threads that go like this:

“This one obscure passage in the bible proves that God doesn’t exist.”
No it doesn’t!
“Yes, it does!”
No it doesn’t!
“Look, this isn’t an argument!”
Yes it is!
“No, it isn’t!”

MamaHen! You’re back! Yaaaaay! big smoochies How’s your new State treating you? :wink:

Oh, and in case you missed it in the 3 or 4 e-mails I tried to send ya during your downtime, a very very very belated Happy Birthday to Lulu, and a not-quite-as-belated-but-still-pretty-darn-belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! mwah!

Congratulations… 10,000 posts is quite an achievement especially when many have been good posts.

Be proud, eat some cake.

We’ll be having my 10,000 pp sometime in 2010…

Congrat’s Tracer. Only the best survive here.

Hmmm, we both registered in May 1999 yet you have 10 times the posts that I do…

I’d better get busy and think of some stuff to say.

Nah, you don’t need to have stuff to say. You just have to be prolific.

Right, handy? <ducking and running>

I don’t mean to sound preachy here, but I would like to point out that tracer has reached that post count without ever being dragged to The BBQ Pit by an angry mob, or without ever receiving a moderator warning (as far as I can remember.)

It is possible to post here without getting into fistfights or breaking the rules.

Congratulations tracer.

When I was a wee newbie I remember seeing tracer in a thread and at the time he had ~7500 posts. I was stunned. I hadn’t seen anyone that high yet in my time here. I started wondering who had the most posts(but I never actually asked, I did the research myself).

Congrats tracer!

Enjoy,
Steven

What?! Them’s fightin’ words!

10K posts? I’m on target for that.

In 2017.

Congratulations, and see you in about 14 years.

“Nah, you don’t need to have stuff to say. You just have to be prolific.”

It’s a deaf world’ on the SDMB, as no one is using voices to talk to each other. In a deaf world, the deaf do say more than the hearing do & in a hearing world, the hearing have more to say than the Deaf.

“It is possible to post here without getting into fistfights…”

Well, your arms would have to be 2,000 miles long.

In one year, the word ‘tracer’ appears ten times in the Pit. While ‘handy’ appears 221 times. But then, I’m sure those are just when it’s used as an adjective :slight_smile:

Where’s the cake tracer?