Somebody has simply got to be kidding. I don’t know who yet, because I picked this link off a blog leading to CBS News above, but nobody, but nobody seems to be talking about this. So maybe I’m Pitting CBS news for a wildly inaccurate news release. Which would be a relief, frankly.
But if I’m not, I’m pitting the dumbest fucking idea yet. Why do we need to do this?
WT bleeding F? One quarter of the Iraqi Army is on leave on "any given day"!
And who signed off on this? I cannot imagine that any Bushivik thought “You know, this close to the election, be a really good idea to float that “raise the troop level” thingy, bound to get just oodles of enthusiastic crunchy goodness!”
Anybody see something here that isn’t batshit pizza? Anybody?
Anybody see something here that isn’t batshit pizza? Anybody?
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I do. I hate this war as much as anybody, but as long as we’re there, I’m ok with committing more troops. The way I see it is: would you rather walk through a bad neighborhood with 5 of your best friends or 500 of your best friends?
Until we find a way out of this clusterfuck, I’d like our men to be as safe as possible.
[QUOTE=Marley23]
Now, where’s that March hare and the guy with the hat? They said something about a tea party.
[/QUOTE]
Not taking advantage of strength in numbers was a fault we paid dearly for in Vietnam. You can hand-wave it all you want but it is legitimate military strategy.
[QUOTE=John Mace]
Do you think they need fewer security folks?
[/QUOTE]
I wonder if elucidator did think they meant US troops, but it’s still a rather drastic statement if the situation has deteriorated so much that the security was 100,000 too small.
What a relief! Its not 100K American troops, which means we won’t be pressing the Eagle Scouts into infantry. It just means that the 325,000 troops that were the big goal turns out to be about 100,000 short. What is that in Friedman Units?
But, yeah, I did misread that. Time to ramp up my Alzhiemer’s prevention program another notch. Stern virtue demands rigorous mental hygiene.
[QUOTE=elucidator]
But, yeah, I did misread that. Time to ramp up my Alzhiemer’s prevention program another notch. Stern virtue demands rigorous mental hygiene.
[/QUOTE]
I recommend wine. I’ve got a nice crisp Chardonnay going right now. Saving the Port for later.
Turns out its not catastrophic news, merely dreadful. That’s better. Turns out this doesn’t mean more American troops, just the same ones. Longer. Goody. Swell.
[QUOTE=kaylasdad99]
Are you sure it’s wise to drink chardonnay? You might catch teh liberal.
[/QUOTE]
Well, that’s true of any wine. Tonight it’s a Chard, tomorrow a Pinot, and Wed will probably see a nice Cab.
As for Iraq, I think the real problem is the police, not so much the army. If you’re relying on the army to save your ass, you’re screwed. I wish we could divide the country into 3 zones, but I think that would make matters worse. Besides, it’s their counrty, not ours. “We” shoudln’t be dividing anything up, other than our own Congressional districts, and look what we’ve done with those.
[QUOTE=elucidator]
Goddess Willing, I die of old age having never described a wine as “crisp”.
[/QUOTE]
If so, your life will be the poorer for it. Of course, you live in MN, not in CA. What would you do with a “crisp” wine there even if you had one? Swat a mosquito with it?
[QUOTE=elucidator]
Goddess Willing, I die of old age having never described a wine as “crisp”.
[/QUOTE]
Especially not a Chardonnay. Of all the white wines to describe as “crisp,” perhaps only a porto bianco would be less appropriate.