11th hour #metoo accusations

Yes. I suspect a huge number of them are, in fact, sociopaths and narcissists.

I will keep this in mind going forward. Apologies if I’ve been a dick.

Back in the 70s I was much more of a manipulative bastard than a brutal one, but I am certain that I had a very poor concept of consent.

And I feel terrible about that now.

These 11th hour accusations are being portrayed as sooooo unfair.

You know what I think when I see these dire predictions that, Yikes, a man may be treated unfairly, we mustn’t ever let that happen? Good. Let them feel, how awful it is to be treated with disbelief, skepticism and outright hostility when they deny these allegations. Women have forever had this treatment heaped upon them when telling the truth about what has happened to them.

When this situation starts to be as unfair for men as women have always had it, then we can start to think about those poor, poor men. Maybe after they’ve been treated like this for a long, long time, maybe then I will actually start giving a crap about them.

When men (general) start caring about what actually happens to women, I’ll return the favor.

You think it’s easy to suborn perjury?

What do you think is happening here? That DNC operatives are trolling the trailer parks with hundred dollar bills looking for women willing to smear upstanding Republican men?

If that’s happening, don’t you think the Republican insistence that no investigations of the accusations are possible is a little short sighted? If this is all phony stuff instigated by George Soros, why not put the FBI on the case? Yes, if it’s just he-said she-said stuff from 30 years ago the FBI isn’t going to find anything. But if it’s a smear job orchestrated by political fixers? Maybe the FBI can find evidence of that kind of stuff?

You don’t have to take all accusations at face value. You can fucking investigate accusations. Orchestrating a fake accusation smear campaign leaves a fucking trail, especially if you’re recruiting the kind of person who’d be willing to make up fake accusations for money.

Taking accusations seriously isn’t remotely the same thing as taking all accusations at face value, or dismissing all accusations out of hand.

Yes. There is a direct correlation between an inclination toward power seeking and being an entitled jerkwad.

Um, which part of that post doesn’t ring true to you?

Same here. Me and my peers would have called a guy like that a douchebag rapist.

I get what you’re saying, but bitterness and resentment are not healthy, and revenge doesn’t do anybody any good.

What’s the “11th hour” stuff about? When’s the stroke of midnight, and why?

Completely arbitrary aside:

This is not the first time I have seen on this board that the Anita Hill episode was not online… but I watched it “officially online” last week… :confused:

Speak for yourself.

I see it as ANGER, not bitterness and resentment, but thanks for you assessment.:rolleyes:

Anger is very motivating and revenge is highly underrated.

There were no 11th hour sexual abuse allegations against Merrick Garland, Neil Gorsuch, Samuel Alito, etc.

I know that some accusations are false. But when you have multiple accusations with multiple witnesses, and they discussed the accusations years before the person was being considered for a position of power and influence it needs to be investigated. People (women and men) deserve to feel safe in our society.

I don’t know. There’s certainly not much money in it.

We’ll soon find out. We have a Congressional election coming up very soon. If you are right, every candidate will face MeToo accusations in the next few weeks, right? Or at least every candidate in a tight race?

The one that wasn’t online from the official Last Week account was the Kavanaugh episode, not the Hill episode. In the Kavanaugh episode, Ms. Hill has a cameo, and the video you watched, while certainly online, was from any of the multitude of pirates who hang up talk show videos without the show’s authorization.

As of right now, 7:31 CET on September 26, 2018, the last episode that’s fully uploaded to the official Last Week account is the Facebook/Myanmar one.

Thanks for asking. This part:

I’m not going to argue that rape is not about sex. I will argue, though, that it’s simplistic to argue that rapists rape because they feel like losers who can’t get women any other way. Nope. It’s not that they resort to rape because they feel they can’t get women otherwise; it’s revenge against the women who scorned them in high school that turns them on. The expression, “rape is not an act of aggressive sex but a sexual act of aggression” is true.

From anNYTarticle a year ago:

It’s about revenge and rage, not low-self-esteem.

For some. For others, it’s about low self-esteem (and hey, it may even be about revenge and rage against the people who gave them that low self-esteem, the two aren’t contradictory). For yet others, it’s about not seeing the object of their lust at anything except objects. Rapists are people; they have more than one brain among them, they have different circumstances, they have different motivations. Hell, those people Dr. Malamuth examined? They’re different from the millions of rapists who never went to high school!

Little Nemo was generalizing; I don’t know whether the majority of rapists meet his description, have that motivation, but either they do (in which case other generalizations will be further from the truth) or they don’t (in which case other generalizations which don’t look at actual numbers will be closer to the truth only by chance). As a prisons officer I expect him to have better information on the subject than I do.

If you have problem with relationships in high school and don’t have desired intimacy, you might already have issues by that time. It’s a sign of problems, not a cause of problems. Further, a lot of men who are poor at such matters do not go on to become rapists.

This Dr. Malamuth guy doesn’t sound all that helpful.

I think everyone has problems with relationships in high school - that’s what it’s for.

Further even than that - even in high school, where men and women are figuring out how relationships are done, sexual assault is usually not included. Yes, there’s a lot of awkwardness and missed communication and boundary-pushing. But it is not my experience that people in high school, even the popular ones who had a lot of dates, had everything figured out on a mature level.

Regards,
Shodan