mittu
You’re not getting away with this so easily or so quickly. This thread will not die until we get some kind of answer.
As others have stated, the phrase 14 k of g in a f p d might contain a typo. I’m beginning to think it might contain many typos. Therefore I’m guessing that the solution is “200 dollars for passing Go in Monopoly”.
Well, I hold as a real possibility that the magazine published a pretty dumb puzzle that you need have the magazine to understand, and mittu just isn’t that invested in finding an answer. I didn’t really think he was messing with us until he came back with a second unsolvable puzzle instead of an explanation for the first one.
Assuming (perhaps naively) that 230 C A in M B is not a troll on a whooshboard, then the lack of a preposition in front of M B usually indicates that it stands from a proper noun of some sort, such as a geographic location.
…What am I saying?? I refuse to move forward on this one until we get some clarity on 14 K of G in a F P D!