I’ve been very casually following this so I apologize if someone already tried this.
Googling around, I found this page: http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/vp/vp040.htm
The relevant part is here:
14 kinds of grain in a full Purana devotion?
I’ve been very casually following this so I apologize if someone already tried this.
Googling around, I found this page: http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/vp/vp040.htm
The relevant part is here:
14 kinds of grain in a full Purana devotion?
hajario
That’s quite a research job you did there.
Maybe sometime this year, Mittu will return and we’ll see if you found the answer.
[QUOTE=mittu]
I’m still kicking around, still sans answer.
I can assure you all of two things:
This isn’t a ruse, I don’t take pleasure in torturing people (though many of you may take pleasure in torturing me). As far as I am aware there is an answer, I have no reason to believe otherwise.
I am going to see the guy tonight so I will ask him about it again. He is back at work now so there is no reason he shouldn’t be able to corner the person who gave out the quiz and beat him soundly until an answer falls out.
[/QUOTE]
What happened at your meeting 4 days ago?
14 kilos of gold in a festival prize draw http://www.ameinfo.com/106921.html
This is the correct answer. Take my word for it. We can close the thread now.
[QUOTE=Peter Morris]
14 kilos of gold in a festival prize draw http://www.ameinfo.com/106921.html
This is the correct answer. Take my word for it. We can close the thread now.
[/QUOTE]
Yes, that must be it… :dubious: ![]()
At least you tried.
I feel so… unfulfilled.
I…gotta say, that works perfectly.
[QUOTE=Gadarene]
I…gotta say, that works perfectly.
[/QUOTE]
Apart from the fact that it’s 45 kilos of gold, yeah?
Is it? I thought it was 1 kilo of gold per day for a fortnight. Maybe I didn’t read carefully enough.
[QUOTE=Gadarene]
Is it? I thought it was 1 kilo of gold per day for a fortnight. Maybe I didn’t read carefully enough.
[/QUOTE]
It’s a 45 day festival; at the point the article was written they had given away 14 days worth of prizes.
Anyway, how do we go about putting this sorry mess to bed?
Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying. ![]()
[QUOTE=velvetjones]
C’mon…can’t we just make something up.
14 Kilos of grass in a frat party dorm
14 kinds of gin in a filthy puking dame
14 knights of Gelderland in a furious pitiful dump
[/QUOTE]
damn, the first thing that popped into my head was 14 kegs of gin in a frat party dorm.
no joke, too fast for me
I’m wondering if mittu’s “friend” whom we are all waiting for will turn out to be named “Godot”.
Alternately, perhaps we have formed a “cargo cult” and are all patiently, expectantly, waiting for mittu to drop from the sky carrying “14 k of g in a f p d”.
If I might quote the famous last line from the cinematic epic “Airplane”
“Well, I’ll give him another twenty minutes; but that’s it!”
[QUOTE=mittu]
I’m still kicking around, still sans answer.
I can assure you all of two things:
This isn’t a ruse, I don’t take pleasure in torturing people (though many of you may take pleasure in torturing me). As far as I am aware there is an answer, I have no reason to believe otherwise.
**I am going to see the guy tonight ** so I will ask him about it again. He is back at work now so there is no reason he shouldn’t be able to corner the person who gave out the quiz and beat him soundly until an answer falls out.
[/QUOTE]
Bolding mine.
“Tonight” was the 6th of January.
It is now the 18th of January.
So what’s the answer?
Just thought I’d bump this thread in case Mittu thinks we have forgotten about this. 
We haven’t. :mad:
Well, I had until you bumped the frickin’ thread! 
I had been blissfully unaware of the contents of this thread because the title made no sense and I usually read this site at work, so I didn’t want an unpleasant surprise.
I came by today to see if the 2006 death pool final results had been posted, and because I am home, decided to see what this thread is about.
Now I’m sorry I didn’t check in earlier. I would have put mittu on my 2007 list.
14 kinds of gas in a Farting Preacher’s drawers
14 kilos of gunk in a French poodle’s derrière
14 kegs of gunpowder in a fiendish puzzle’s demise
Yeah, I’d like to go with that last one.
[QUOTE=mittu]
I’m still kicking around, still sans answer.
I can assure you all of two things:
This isn’t a ruse, I don’t take pleasure in torturing people (though many of you may take pleasure in torturing me). As far as I am aware there is an answer, I have no reason to believe otherwise.
I am going to see the guy tonight so I will ask him about it again. He is back at work now so there is no reason he shouldn’t be able to corner the person who gave out the quiz and beat him soundly until an answer falls out.
[/QUOTE]
Posted Jan 5.
It’s now Jan 31st.
:rolleyes:
Ban his ass.