2009 Sucks. Bring on 2010.

Don’t dye cats. I’ve heard that can kill them.

I feel for everyone who found 2009 to be a crap year. I think you’re in the majority. I started the year fully expecting to get laid off, but I’m still here. I got to visit my daughter in Germany last year, and we went with her around Europe. Other kid and kid-in-law both doing great in grad and law school. Taught a tutorial with oldest daughter, who wowed them. Still have house, wife, heart, father and father-in-law. Even old dog, given three months to live in May, is still hanging in there, and will be around to help me unwrap Christmas presents.

We’re coming out of it, people, if the traffic is any indication. Hang in there.

*…(when the ball’s going to drop and my parents [probably] wont out **live **me).

Wouldn’t mind if ya just correct me… but yeah. It’s a good PSA for others. I don’t know if it’s true, but…
(sorry, but Muffin kicked ass)

Oct/Nov/the first half of December 2008 sucked for me, and so the beginning of 2009 was as great as Januarys can realistically hope to be be. April was probably the highlight of my year.

It’s just one of those years that I suspect will be characterised by its ups and downs. Most of the time my life is rather dull and nothing much changes. (I’m a middle class person of reasonable intelligence with several close friends and a social life. But I never have relationships. I struggle with depression but never enough to break down. I’ve been short of cash but never poor. Etc etc.)

But this year I went on holiday alone for the first time, visiting Verona, Venice and Padua; experienced unexpected grief; got my first graduate job; moved cities for said job; started a relationship, got dumped; and finally went (am still going through) a rather rubbish winter depression trying to deal with various effects some of the above. (Not to give the wrong impression of my job, which is on the whole good.)

My aunt died suddenly and tragically; I think I’ll be unlucky to have anything that awful happen in 2010.

:frowning: I’m sorry jjimm, how awful.

Ditto, family problems with great sorrow, work problems, legal trouble, health problems. Hurry up 2010.

Yep, it could have been a lot better, but it could have been a lot worse, too. Still, I’m hoping that in general 2010 is brighter for everyone.

I’ve had a few tough years in a row, but 2009 has been one of the worst. Maybe because I’ve tried so hard to move forward, yet here, at the end of another year, I see that I haven’t. I don’t think I have ever worked so hard for so little.

2009 was not the worst year on record for me, but it’s been the most difficult year I’ve had in about a decade. If I can stagger along for two more weeks and make it to 2010, I’ll consider it a victory.

I have mixed feelings about 2009, as it was in general a pretty good year for me but a not-so-good year for those close to me.

I feel positive about 2010 at any rate. My new job (started in August) is finally getting interesting and the boyfriend and I have a new PS3 and the best cat in the world to keep us company. Life is good.

All I say about 2009 is that at least a race of alien giants didn’t show up and bomb the hell out of the earth.

Other than that, it’s been pretty crap.

Add me to the good-by, good riddance to 2009 crowd. I have been jobless for better than half the year, hanging on by my fingernails, and I am more than ready for a fresh start.

C’mon 2010… please be a better year for all of us…

2009 has sucked… stress, money problems, my step father died…

Fuck it… don’t even care if 2010 is much better, I just want this year done

Is it just 2009 that sucks, or would most years fall in to that category?

Me, 2009 was pants, but, recently, so have been most years.

2009 has been the worst year of my life.

My grandmother died.
There were massive family dramas as we got together to arrange her funeral.
My mother got cancer.
My dog almost had to have his toe amputated.
I repeatedly failed to get my driver’s liscence (and we could REALLY have used another family member who could drive).
I went from a straight A student to struggling desperately to just not fail in maths and physics.
High school ended. This is arguably a good thing, but to me it just feels like one more change I don’t want to cope with and a whole lot of exams.

Bring on 2010.

I’d like to call the last six months of my life forgettable. Unfortunately, that won’t ever happen due to the extent of how miserable they were.

I acknowledge you, 2009, as being the worst year of my life in a landslide victory. Here’s to hoping that you ALWAYS remain the worst year of my life. I know that it could be worse, but I’d really appreciate it if it just…wasn’t.

2009 was crap. Here’s to a vast improvement n 2010.

2008 was the worst year of my life. By comparison, 2009 was OK. If 2010 improves on 2009, that’ll be nice, but if at least it isn’t any worse, I’ll take it. Unfortunately, from this late-2009 vantage point, 2010 is not looking promising.

Yes, let’s recall 2008 for a moment.
I’m so looking forward to what they do for '09.

2009 still has a few days left. Just saying.
For me it wasn’t bad. Several very nice projects at work, travelled a bunch and while still making not that much money I didn’t feel much squeezing at the wallet after the first few months.
2008 ended with me getting the news that I wasn’t getting (me or anyone else) the end of year bonus which I was counting on to pay for a few things, and until March I was penny pinching my way through.
However I hope next year will bring me progress from an increasingly unconfortable stagnant state of life, probably a new job, buy a car, perhaps a condo so I can kiss the rent goodbye and have a place to call my own.